Baffin Island ski video

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Baffin Island ski video

Post by d_baker »

I saw this posted on 14erW, and I thought some people here might find it interesting. And badass.

http://vimeo.com/33516816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seano732
14ers: 7  4 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Baffin Island ski video

Post by seano732 »

Absolutely Amazing!!! " Those who are not happy with the angle of the sun, climb and change it." Thanks D!
=D>
" I want to be more like the Ocean, no talking and all action"- Jane's Addiction
"Where is the love, to be found?"- Bob Marley
"It's just a ride..." Bill Hicks
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

" Those who are not happy with the angle of the sun, should climb and change it." -- Ancient proverb
Yeah, pretty cool quote! I had not read that before today.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Darin,

Thanks for posting this. Really nice!

Being a film maker myself, I can tell you, pulling this off was no small feat. What an amazing video!
livetothemax96
14ers: 10  5  3 
13ers: 14 2 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by livetothemax96 »

ummm...wow...i saw the article for this in Powder magazines photography issue and thought it was amazing then, this video made it even better. The cinematography and the editing is truly amazing and it is honestly one of the best ski movies I have ever seen, baffin island is definitely going to be put on my to do list
whats life unless you live it?
RJansen77
14ers: 52  3  9 
13ers: 6 1
Trip Reports (17)

Post by RJansen77 »

Not the first time I've seen photos of the Polar Star Couloir, but wow! Still takes my breath away. Can't imagine climbing on just a few inches of snow over blue ice, especially with that much runout below me...

Awesome video!
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!
benners
14ers: 58  51  21 
13ers: 559 84 26
Trip Reports (110)

Post by benners »

Dang...not only are the lines awesome but this video is incredibly well put together. Thanks for sharing!
Wish I lived in CO
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Wish I lived in CO »

Cool Video .........
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2