Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

censored pm's

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: censored pm's

Postby Mark A Steiner » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Gosh - whatever happened to "Shoot!" "Dag Nab-it!" or "Aw Phooey!" ... ?
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Postby d_baker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Mark A Steiner wrote:Gosh - whatever happened to "Shoot!" "Dag Nab-it!" or "Aw Phooey!" ... ?

Sometimes it's more fun to say the bad words.

Postby milan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 pm

tmathews wrote:
d_baker wrote:Oh. In the forum I can understand. I was surprised to see the pm get censored though. No big deal really.
But I can drop the f-bomb if I'm starting out a sentence with it, or maybe because it's capitalized, but in the middle of a sentence, or because it's a small cap, it gets censored. Knowing that gives me great satisfaction. It's the simple things in life kids.....

f**k THAT s**t. ;) Just type it in all caps if you want to emphasize a point. :mrgreen: (apologies to Bill and any underage forum readers)

Oh NO, Terry, now you just disclosed it to Bill and he is going to add it to the censored words. We could have secretly use it in our pm's without anyone noticing :)...

Postby d_baker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I will back out my various combinations of CAPITAL lettered entries.

You might want to rethink that one....

Postby myfeetrock » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:29 am

tmathews wrote:
d_baker wrote:Oh. In the forum I can understand. I was surprised to see the pm get censored though. No big deal really.
But I can drop the f-bomb if I'm starting out a sentence with it, or maybe because it's capitalized, but in the middle of a sentence, or because it's a small cap, it gets censored. Knowing that gives me great satisfaction. It's the simple things in life kids.....

f**k THAT s**t. ;) Just type it in all caps if you want to emphasize a point. :mrgreen: (apologies to Bill and any underage forum readers)

AWESOME!!!!! I needed this tonight. You guys crack me up. Now I can go to bed laughing.
Michael Colson

Postby Tony1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:40 am

tmathews wrote:f**k THAT s**t.

This. :lol: :lol:

Postby livetothemax96 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:05 pm

tmathews wrote:apologies to Bill and any underage forum readers

Trust me, we've heard worse :wink:
whats life unless you live it?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 pm

We've all heard worse but the original intent of the word-censoring was so parents and teachers would be more tolerant of the forum. Does it matter anymore? I no longer have the drive to worry it

Postby Jesse M » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Yes, it matters. At least I would like to think so.

Postby Johnson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:37 pm

I used to go out of my way to string many expletives in an attempt to be particularly offensive. I no longer do that. In a rush of the moment I occasionally slip now. That said, I would rather not have to look over my shoulder reading the forum to be sure my kids are not reading loose words just because Beavis and Butthead like to swear.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby tx_mountain_medic » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

I know this is a little off subject but along the lines of censorship. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB-Wd-Q3F8KM&v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM&gl=US

Postby Johnson » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:15 am

In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Previous