Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13er Checklist Changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

13er Checklist Changes

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 am

We can now see additional "Accomplishments" entered on 13er checklists entered by 13ers.com/14ers.com users.

So, when you view a users' 13er checklist via his/her forum profile or the links under the username on forum posts, you'll see the 13er list sorted by elevation. Accomplishment icons are displayed if the user entered them on the Add/Update My 13er List page:

If you change the "Change Page View" options, you view the checklist horizontally, by range. To see accomplishments in this view, move your mouse over the peak names:

The "Change Page View" can also be used to switch between all 13ers, centennials and bi-centennials:

To add "Accomplishments" to your own checklist, use the Add/Update My 13er List page (from your profile or Personal Peak Lists) and click on a peak name:

This will bring up the "Update Peak Details" page. Update your info and hit UPDATE/EXIT to return to your list:

Questions/comments welcome!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: 13er Checklist Changes

Postby geojed » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:01 am

Sweet!! Thanks Bill!

=D> =D> =D>
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:01 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:We can now see additional "Accomplishments" entered on 13er checklists entered by 13ers.com/14ers.com users.
So, when you view a users' 13er checklist via his/her forum profile or the links under the username on forum posts, you'll see the 13er list sorted by elevation.
Questions/comments welcome!

Looks good Bill! I like it. Thanks for what you do! I know it's not work, just "time away from the mountains," which I think is one hell of a sacrifice and service you give us! ;)

Postby rking007 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

Very very cool, thanks Bill!
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby CarpeDM » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:41 am

Excellent! I had a feeling this was coming and having been waiting in anticipation. One small point - you may still be working on this: not that it matters to me, but I saw that you were removing the 3k icon from the 14ers lists. This icon is appearing in my 13ers list, but only in the sorted by range view:

(Well, I was going to include a screen shot, but I can't seem to find how to do that. I see that "[img] is OFF" - do I need to change that setting somewhere?)
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 am

I know exactly what you mean. I put the "3k" icon on the 13er (by range) page, but not the other. It's also left off the 14er page for now, due to space. I may change this in the future or allow the list author decide if he/she want's the 3k icon displayed.
Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the positive comments! More to come...

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 am

Bill, I think it would be cool if we could scroll over the peak name in all the different view modes and see the accomplishments/special notes window pop up, like it does with the 14ers checklist.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 pm

d_baker wrote:Bill, I think it would be cool if we could scroll over the peak name in all the different view modes and see the accomplishments/special notes window pop up, like it does with the 14ers checklist.

Done, including the 13er thumbnails. I didn't include the special (public) notes, but I'll add that later.

Postby Floyd » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice feature. Another thought, any way to add a feature to link your TRs to your peak checklist(s)?
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Floyd wrote:Nice feature. Another thought, any way to add a feature to link your TRs to your peak checklist(s)?

I think that could be a good & convenient feature!

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Floyd wrote:Nice feature. Another thought, any way to add a feature to link your TRs to your peak checklist(s)?

=D>
I think someone's been working today....;)

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:08 pm

I just added the TR icon to the 14er checklist pages...

Does it make the list look too busy?

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/usrpeaksv.php?userid=BillMiddlebrook

Next