Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Tis The Season ...

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Tis The Season ...

Postby Presto » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year to one and all ....

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YBIwCdvhgX4?rel=0

If you have the time, this is beautiful and worth 13 minutes of your time (especially the message at the end).

Happy Trails! :D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Re: Tis The Season ...

Postby jsdratm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 am

Last year, someone decorated a pine tree at the top of the Manitou Incline in Manitou Springs with holiday decorations, which was pretty funny. It is good to see holiday spirit on the hiking trails. To do my part, I try to construct mini-snowmen cairns along the trails.

Postby Presto » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:50 am

by jsdratm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 am
Last year, someone decorated a pine tree at the top of the Manitou Incline in Manitou Springs with holiday decorations, which was pretty funny. It is good to see holiday spirit on the hiking trails. To do my part, I try to construct mini-snowmen cairns along the trails.

Good on ya, jsdratm!

I wear my Santa hat everyday wherever I go ... not only does it spread the holiday spirit, but it also makes me behave myself while driving. :shock: 8) :lol:

Oh, and the hubby attaches jingle bells to his backpack on our outings. The affect and response is very much worth it.

Happy trails! :D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby gonzalj » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Great video. Definitely makes me want to spread the Holiday Cheers out. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Postby highpilgrim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Christmas Card.jpg
Christmas Card.jpg (342.14 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Postby MtnHub » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:24 pm

To all my Christian brothers and sisters, I wish you a most blessed Merry Christmas!

To everyone else, may you have a very Happy Holiday in whatever manner you celebrate,
and a Happy New Year to all! Peace on the Earth! :D

I’ve hand-printed our Christmas cards each year now for over 40 years; thought I’d share my 2011 card with the 14ers.com community:

The darkest midnight in December,
No snow nor hail nor winter’s storm
Shall hinder us for to remember
The Babe that on this night was born.

Traditional Irish Carol
Attachments
2011 Xmas Image small.jpg
2011 Xmas Image small.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 632 times

Postby bonehead » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:16 pm

MtnHub wrote:The darkest midnight in December

I like it!
Thanks!
Merry Christmas.

Postby bonehead » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Terri!
Since this was your original Christmas thread,
I thought I would resurrect it to wish you a Very Merry Christmas,
and give others another chance to see your UTube post.
Merry Christmas and God Bless All.
Pat