Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Conditions on Quandary

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Conditions on Quandary

Postby swm88er » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 am

I am thinking about climbing Quandary on Friday. Does anyone know what the conditions are like up there? Are crampons needed? Would we be able to ski down the east ridge?
"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." --Matthew 26:41

Re: Conditions on Quandary

Postby mtgirl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 am

Check out this trip report from Silverheels from Sunday. Unless the area has gotten snow since Sunday, this is what conditions will look like. The report shows lots of views of Quandary.

http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=11298
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Re: Conditions on Quandary

Postby geojed » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:49 am

• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain