Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing Castle+Conundrum

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Climbing Castle+Conundrum

Postby boogalice » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:09 pm

We climbed Castle and Conundrum this fall, thought you guys might enjoy the video.

Here's the link:

http://vimeo.com/32822971
Die living.

Re: Climbing Castle+Conundrum

Postby hollamby » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Cool vid, nice editing.
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary

Postby mountain_man » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing.
"To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy." - Billie Joe Armstrong
"What I know I could put into a pack as if it were bread and cheese, and carry it on one shoulder, important and honorable, but so small! While everything else continues, unexplained, and unexplainable." - Mary Oliver

Postby forbins_mtn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

great video, man!

Postby awilbur77 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Very cool
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Hellen Keller
http://www.summitrounder.com

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

There are tons of pros to everyone owning a mac and a go-pro these days. This is an example of the cons when on a public forum.

Post it publicly, spend the money on self video photography (as if you're climbing Everest), spend the time on editing... THEN at least expect to get a D-BAG review on this forum from this guy. Sorry. And I'm not even going to comment on the music.

Yes. I had a bad day. But even in my best of days did I ever produce something as narcissistic as this... Please PM all hate.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 am

Feeling macho? Post a link to this trip report.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=11064&parmpeak=Castle+Peak&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include

Group of 14er.com girls hiking the same route
Girls hiking after a major snow storm event
Girls time spent on EPIC video = 0 minutes/hours
14er.com Girls = PRICELESS + KICK ASS
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby DaveSwink » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:42 am

[quote="tommyboy360"]Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

Yes. I had a bad day. But even in my best of days did I ever produce something as narcissistic as this... Please PM all hate.[/quote]

[quote="tommyboy360"]I knew I was being an ass. I could have more tact or just had a warm cup of shut-the-hell-up. No need for me to play custodian. Like I said, no filter. Perhaps the reason "boy" is still in my screen name...[/quote]

LOL Feeling better?

Postby boogalice » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 am

tommyboy360 wrote:Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

There are tons of pros to everyone owning a mac and a go-pro these days. This is an example of the cons when on a public forum.

Post it publicly, spend the money on self video photography (as if you're climbing Everest), spend the time on editing... THEN at least expect to get a D-BAG review on this forum from this guy. Sorry. And I'm not even going to comment on the music.

Yes. I had a bad day. But even in my best of days did I ever produce something as narcissistic as this... Please PM all hate.

This isn't a hate response.

Assuming you're all serious about this business, I'll address your issues.
First off, I'm fully aware that these two peaks aren't that challenging for some people. So what?
Second, I don't see it as narcissistic, if there were more people to shoot, I would've shot them. I was just documenting our trip.
Third, I'm a PC user.

Thanks everyone else for you comments...haha.
Die living.

Postby Coxie2210 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 am

Not to offend anyone... but I would simply say that it is not up to others to determine what is an important and meaningful piece of another's life. Thus why we each have our own to live and those that feel like reaching out to share their experience with others defines human nature and the progression of society. Enlisting durogatory comments to those who have shared their experiences, so that one may feel better about their own place in life, only limits the communal bond between all of us who share a love of the mountains. =;

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:08 am

tommyboy360 wrote:Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

someone's got sand in their vagina

Postby mountain_man » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 am

Of course the video is bragging, but why not? He obviously isn't bragging with intent to belittle others, but to share an accomplishment with the rest of a community who has either done the same or possibly strives to.
"To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy." - Billie Joe Armstrong
"What I know I could put into a pack as if it were bread and cheese, and carry it on one shoulder, important and honorable, but so small! While everything else continues, unexplained, and unexplainable." - Mary Oliver

Next