Let's See Your Aerial Photos

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
semitrueskerm
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Let's See Your Aerial Photos

Post by semitrueskerm »

My collection of some 600+ aerial shots.

About 2/3rds of these I shot...the other 1/3rd were found on google searches...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1135039548 ... rialPhotos#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Neil wrote:Mark -- this is how I post pics, perhaps someone has a more efficient method.

It is best to have two 14ers.com windows open, one to the main page and one with a reply to this thread ready to be typed. Start on the 14ers.com main page screen, make sure you are signed into your account, and click your name in the upper right corner of the screen. On the next page, click on the "Profile" tab. Once in the "Profile" tab, scroll to the bottom and click on "Add Photos." From there, the process to add photos is pretty self-explanatory. Once you are done adding a photo, the website will give you a URL link to that photo. Highlight and copy the URL link, then go to your other open window, which is a reply to this thread. Above the dialogue box where you type your reply, there is a horizontal selection of commands. For example, you can make text bold, insert a quote, etc. Click on "Img." When you do that, two objects will appear that look like this: [img]. Paste the URL you copied from the previous screen in between the two [img] boxes. Before you hit "Submit" it will just look like a URL between two bracketed comands, but once you press "Submit" your post will include your photo.

That was pretty longwinded...hope it makes sense and I especially hope somebody comes along with an easier answer!!! Can't want to see your San Juan shots.

Neil
Thanks for the instructions, Neal. Let's see how this turns out:
Wilson Group from about 30,000 feet
Wilson Group from about 30,000 feet
110924.03san.miguel1.JPG (192.49 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
If this has arrived safely, the viewer should be able to see Mount Wilson and South Wilson. Wilson Peak also stands out: Gladstone and El Diente are harder to locate with lengthening shadows and blending in with the overall landscape.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
jet
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jet »

Neil, Nice photos, Its always a different perspective to see terrain from a little higher. What airport do you fly out of? It's tempting to take up on your offer of a ride. I let my medical expire a few years ago so haven't done SEL for quite sometime. John
Kent McLemore
14ers: 11 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Kent McLemore »

Not mine, but here is a terrific collection of aerial photos of the Sangres:

http://www.pikespeakphoto.com/sangres/s ... table.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-km
Theodore
14ers: 20  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Theodore »

Mts. St. Helens, Rainier and Adams flying into Portland earlier this summer for my Hood trip.

Alby426
14ers: 33 
13ers: 38 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Alby426 »

Mt. Rainier in June, departing Seattle.

My duty, as a human, is not to take, but, to give!
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

RAINIER

Wetterhorn/Uncompahgre

In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
mountaingoat-G
14ers: 23  5  1 
13ers: 21 6 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountaingoat-G »

semitrueskerm wrote:My collection of some 600+ aerial shots.

About 2/3rds of these I shot...the other 1/3rd were found on google searches...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1135039548 ... rialPhotos#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your photo #34 is the West Elks. Looking North. West Beckwith & East Beckwith mountains in the foreground

Think photo 162 is La Platas, not abajos/Blues ....
Mark A Steiner
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Here is one more from the same flight, above.
Red Mountains at 30,000 feet
Red Mountains at 30,000 feet
110924.06red.mountains1.JPG (225.55 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
Flash quiz: name the highway shown in the photo.

Also, name the community in the upper-right corner.

Clue: Red Mountain No. 3 is the highest red peak shown at 12,890 feet.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.
mountaingoat-G
14ers: 23  5  1 
13ers: 21 6 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountaingoat-G »

Highway 550 (above in photo aka west of the "red" mountains), Ouray is the town in the right/North of the photo.

This is a view near Ironton park, Red Mountain Pass, just east of the highway looking west/northwest
Mark A Steiner
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

mountaingoat-G is correct. Amazing what you can identify from the air. =D>
Good day.