History of 14er Dogs

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Inky6900
14ers: 57 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Re: History of 14er Dogs

Post by Inky6900 »

Dave and his dogs are in the book. You're right, they climbed quite a few of them. I know Scooby passed away a few years ago and I had Dave write up a page (toward the end of the book) that is set aside to remember him.

Cheeseburglar, perhaps I will have to put you and your dog in the historical honorable mentions! :)
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Post by LuLuLuv »

Like! =D>
Swissy
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Swissy »

The book sounds like a great idea. I'm looking forward to reading it someday.

I have a dog named "Bridger" as in the Bridger National Forest. He is a 5 1/2 yr old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog that has climbed 12 14er's and repeated 2 of them. He carries 20 pounds on the hikes-usually water so it decreases after we hit the top and refill camelbacks. Bridger skijor races during the winter and is the current 3 time GSMDCA National Champion Weight pull dog. His record is 4009.8 pounds. He also won the 2011 International Weight Pull Championship for his weight class and pulled the most weight for all weight classes. In 2009 he was awared the ambassador of the breed. Climbing/hiking with weight is how Bridger cross trains during the warmer months.
LupinMorningwake
14ers: 18 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LupinMorningwake »

I can't wait to (have the human) read your book! I know that for me having the dogs with me on my Colorado adventures is half the fun.... I think that they like hiking more than I do.
Last edited by LupinMorningwake on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mt_turtle
14ers: 40 
Trip Reports (17)

Post by mt_turtle »

My dogs are game. They love the mountains and below there is a report dedicated to them.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... m=tripuser
Psalms 65:5-6 By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea; Who establishes the mountains by His strength, Being girded with might;