Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Newbie here. I want to climb them all!

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Newbie here. I want to climb them all!

Postby eagrnnr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 am

edhaman wrote:I've been waiting for someone else to say it, but no one has. The OP included the comment "I have no fear." Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Once you've spent a fair amount of time in the backcountry, you will have some fear; and it's a good thing.


That's a good point. Fear lightening. For some reason nobody ever seems to win when going up against it.

User avatar
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Newbie here. I want to climb them all!

Postby susanjoypaul » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:00 am

edhaman wrote:I've been waiting for someone else to say it, but no one has. The OP included the comment "I have no fear." Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Once you've spent a fair amount of time in the backcountry, you will have some fear; and it's a good thing.

We all start out that way. Then we get to the Elks.

User avatar
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Re: Newbie here. I want to climb them all!

Postby smoove » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 pm

eagrnnr wrote:Fear lightening. For some reason nobody ever seems to win when going up against it.


Do you mean, like, the sunrise?

Or those crazy electrical things that sometimes happen when it's raining and seem to be followed by thunderous clapping sounds?

User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Newbie here. I want to climb them all!

Postby eagrnnr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 pm

smoove wrote:
eagrnnr wrote:Fear lightening. For some reason nobody ever seems to win when going up against it.


Do you mean, like, the sunrise?

Or those crazy electrical things that sometimes happen when it's raining and seem to be followed by thunderous clapping sounds?


Sunrise! Have you heard all the stuff the sun will do to you??????????/

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests