Autumn in the Adirondacks: with Photos

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Autumn in the Adirondacks: with Photos

Post by nyker »

I was able to squeeze in one more climb this past weekend and the foliage colors were pretty nice!

Trip report and photos below.

http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.ph ... size=large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scramble
14ers: 35  4  6 
13ers: 23 1
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Autumn in the Adirondacks: with Photos

Post by scramble »

Beautiful!!! Every time the weather turns colder my heart longs for the northeast.
jrbren_vt
14ers: 14 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (2)

Post by jrbren_vt »

Nice photos. I was on Gothics and Pyramid (not Colorado's Pyramid :shock: ) on the 9th (Sunday). Haystack is one of my favorites. What a beautiful weekend that was ! (but I forgot my camera and did not take any pictures, oh well :( ).
Best Regards
JE242
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JE242 »

Great report and pics! There's no place I'd rather be in autumn than the Appalacians. God,I miss maple tree's.
stonebaez
14ers: 41 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by stonebaez »

My favorite ADK has be be Algonquin, but wow great pictures! Makes me want to go back to the Placid/Saranac area in the fall, take a hike and go to Casa Del Sol! Thanks!
Climb.
nyker
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Yea, it was pretty nice up there this past weekend. Ideal weather (a bit warm actually), though I missed "peak" by about a week. I'd like to squeeze in one more trip before things ice up. Snow is ok, but early season ice on those rocks is a nightmare.
GaryK
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GaryK »

Nice! Great report. My grandparents lived in Eagle Bay, New York and I spent a lot of time in the Adirondacks as a kid. My grandfather was an Adirondack guide. Many people in the West don't realize how pristine and beautiful those mountains are. Largest park in the nation as I recall. "Forever wild."