Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

experienced climbers?

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby gonzalj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:19 am

Jules246 wrote:
gonzalj wrote:I'm headed down to the sangre de cristos this weekend to hike humboldt. I might have a full car, but if you would like to join along, we could meet somewhere and follow each other. I've done a decent number of 14ers and have some experience, but my pace is also on the slow to moderate side.


Thanks for the offer, I actually already have plans for Mt. Elbert this weekend, but would love to join along next time if you let me know!


Sounds good. If the weather holds up, I might try to get antero in a little less than 2 weeks.

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Jules246 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

gonzalj wrote:Sounds good. If the weather holds up, I might try to get antero in a little less than 2 weeks.


I'd love to join! Trying to get as many in before the snow get here, haven't invested in the snow gear yet, but think I'm gonna have to before next spring.

User avatar
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Justin9 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 am

What route on Elbert are you taking? I will be going up the east ridge from 4wd parking Saturday morning (10-1-11). I will be solo and am always looking for someone to hike with.

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby gonzalj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 am

Jules246 wrote:
gonzalj wrote:Sounds good. If the weather holds up, I might try to get antero in a little less than 2 weeks.


I'd love to join! Trying to get as many in before the snow get here, haven't invested in the snow gear yet, but think I'm gonna have to before next spring.


Well, as next week rolls around and I look at the forecast, I'll let you know.

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Jules246 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 am

Justin9 wrote:What route on Elbert are you taking? I will be going up the east ridge from 4wd parking Saturday morning (10-1-11). I will be solo and am always looking for someone to hike with.


We're going up the east ridge but on Friday morning, starting from as far up the 4wd road as the minivan can make it. If you are able to come on Friday you're more than welcome to join us (and we wouldn't mind a ride up the 4wd road as well :D )

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Jules246 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 am

gonzalj wrote: Well, as next week rolls around and I look at the forecast, I'll let you know.


Sounds good! :)

User avatar
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Justin9 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:20 am

Jules246 wrote:
Justin9 wrote:What route on Elbert are you taking? I will be going up the east ridge from 4wd parking Saturday morning (10-1-11). I will be solo and am always looking for someone to hike with.


We're going up the east ridge but on Friday morning, starting from as far up the 4wd road as the minivan can make it. If you are able to come on Friday you're more than welcome to join us (and we wouldn't mind a ride up the 4wd road as well :D )


I have to work on Friday. Very unfortunate. Have a great time!

Posts: 375
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:54 am

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby uwe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

Hi there,

If you haven't meet anyone in the Springs with your passion, then you need to check out the Pikes Peak Group of the Colorado Mountain Club, cmc.org. There are over 7,000 state-wide members and quite a few are passionate, obsessed mountaineers, including me.

User avatar
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Southeast CO

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby sevenvii » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 am

I ditto that. Colorado Springs CMC chapter has a pretty active base of all levels of hiking/climbing. Not to mention their classes are top notch, thanks in large part to Uwe and co. :wink:

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: experienced climbers?

Postby Jules246 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:18 am

Justin9 wrote:
Jules246 wrote:
Justin9 wrote:What route on Elbert are you taking? I will be going up the east ridge from 4wd parking Saturday morning (10-1-11). I will be solo and am always looking for someone to hike with.


We're going up the east ridge but on Friday morning, starting from as far up the 4wd road as the minivan can make it. If you are able to come on Friday you're more than welcome to join us (and we wouldn't mind a ride up the 4wd road as well :D )


I have to work on Friday. Very unfortunate. Have a great time!


Hope you enjoy your hike today, weather was perfect up the east ridge yesterday (looked like rain was rolling in just as we left the trailhead road around 5pm) and aspens are gorgeous, perfect time to go!

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests