Eastern Sierra High Res Panoramas

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Eastern Sierra High Res Panoramas

Post by steelfrog »

Howdy. I thought you all might like to see some panoramas done by my buddy Lance Snead on our August trip tot he Eastern Sierra. They are pretty dang incredible. Especially good, IMO, are the Wanda Lake, Palisades from Dusy Basin, Tioga Peak/Pass, Bishop Pass.

http://www.lancesnead.com/2011/09/16/ea ... panoramas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also note, he has TRs to the trip and to a Willow Lake trip we took on the right side.
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Eastern Sierra High Res Panoramas

Post by steelfrog »

I know. This guy really knows what he's doing. He has good equipment and he knows how to use it. He does bracketing at different WB levels and then puts them together post production. I dunno how it works but I like the results!

He also does something he calls Deep Zoomable panos that are 300Meg or more; he has one on there I think of Crestone Needle and of the NE face of Half Dome from North Dome.
jpfeif001
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by jpfeif001 »

Those are pretty sweet photos. Appreciate the post.
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.
ClimberDave
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ClimberDave »

Excellent shots! I especially liked the one of Saddlerock lake. I camped there almost exactly three months before these were taken. It's a beautiful area...even when covered in snow. :)
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Post by steelfrog »

They are incredible; not sure which one is my favorite. If you look over to the right, there are links to a 326MP image of Half Dome from North Dome; and a 232MP image of Crestone Needle, with someone on the ledges ina red jacket; and there are albums of trips to Willow Lake and Lamarck Col, etc. Some pretty cool stuff.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

Wow, we need to get him down to the Organs.