12ers....

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Teeboy
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (0)

12ers....

Post by Teeboy »

Any chance that a 12ers.com would appear at some point? Would love to see it!
cwm191
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: 12ers....

Post by cwm191 »

There's what, about 700 12ers? Has anyone finished them all?
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain. - Friedrich Schiller

The problem with quotes on the internet is there is no way to verify their accuracy. - Abraham Lincoln
Teeboy
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Teeboy »

I climbed Engineer Mountain, outside of Silverton......one of the best days I've spent in the mountains! Easy but I loved it! Headed for Mt. Richthofen on my next trip....info is tough to find, except Summitpost....I'm just not a fan of its layout.....would love to see 12ers.com
zoomie83
14ers: 40 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (1)

Post by zoomie83 »

There's what, about 700 12ers? Has anyone finished them all?
I'd heard somewhere that Ken Nolan had completed all the 12ers but a quick search revealed he's gone a little farther.

http://listsofjohn.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unbelievable!
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

C'mon - let's not burden Bill with additional duty beyond 14ers and 13ers - a considerable task by itself.

Then again, maybe there is someone in the Forum who has been on most of the Colorado 12ers and can serve as an authority in this area - and who would work with Bill to make a 12er site happen.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

I bet gerry roach has summited most of the 12ers in Colorado. He's climbed all the 14ers and 13ers and has climbed over 1,600 peaks in colorado alone...the guy is a legend
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Layne Bracy
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 179 9
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Layne Bracy »

LOJ has a nice list of the 4 completers(5 including Bob Martin) plus others who have done damage to the list.

http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/indexe.php?s=CO&e=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding, Richthofen, here's a TR of mine on this site, but it's probably hard to find since the 12ers don't have their own list to search.

http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.ph ... m=tripuser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Post by Derek »

ajkagy wrote:I bet gerry roach has summited most of the 12ers in Colorado. He's climbed all the 14ers and 13ers and has climbed over 1,600 peaks in colorado alone...the guy is a legend
Looks like hes about halfway through them. However Teresa Gergen just finished last year I believe. (Maybe it was the year before..?)

Lots of nice ones out there. Some of my favorites so far from the 12K range:
Cherokee Peak
Watanga Mountain
Bison Peak
All the "LCW Alphabet"...(X, Y, Z and Zephyr)

--D
milan
14ers: 57  1 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by milan »

Agree that its difficult to find information about 12ers, I recently hiked Mt. Bethel, the nice pyramidal peak on the right side of I-70 right before the tunnels and I had hard time to dig up any info how to get there.
KentonB
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (3)

Post by KentonB »

For the record, I'm tied for 7th on Michigan 1'ers... Right up there with Gerry Roach actually. Woo Hoo! 8)

http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/indexe.php?e=1&s=MI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vermont Mike
14ers: 36 
13ers: 32 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Vermont Mike »

There are certainly enough impressive peak bagging animals out there (Nolan, Garratt, Gergen, Roach, Knapp, Kalet, etc., etc.) to humble even the most ambitious Colorado climber. For us mere mortals it's kind of nice that there ISN'T much info available on the 12k and lower peaks . . . to me that is part of the adventure, finding a viable/efficient route to climb each of them, following in the footsteps of those that had to do the same before me. I'll never come close to the feats those men and women have accomplished, but it's fun to know that there's still a lot of preparation involved in getting up a lot of those lesser climbed peaks. It's also fun to live vicariously through the few peak baggers that I've met (Kevin Baker, Doug Hatfield, Derek Freed) as they keep plowing through peaks every year and write up great trip reports chronicling it all.
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Tory Wells »

There are two sites for 12ers, they are 14erworld.com and the already mentioned Lists of John. And of course, you can find some good TR's for 12ers on this site as well.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach