Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trip Reports

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Trip Reports

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm

I just changed the TRIP REPORT EDIT (will do the add page later) page to provide an area for "Additional 14ers.com Members on the Trip" so the author can specify other 14ers.com members included in the trip report. There's a username lookup included.

The member names will then show up on the TRIP REPORT (view) page, with profile links. I will tie this to other pages soon.

Please let me know if you see any problems with the new functionality. Thanks!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Re: Trip Reports

Postby Floyd » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks!
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby tmathews » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Is this feature active, Bill? I just went into one of my TR's to edit it and did not see the feature.

Also -- the link that indicates "Select more peaks (up to 5 total)..." doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried it in both Firefox and IE....

Thanks for the addition/update!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 pm

It is as of about 2 minutes ago!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 pm

tmathews wrote:Also -- the link that indicates "Select more peaks (up to 5 total)..." doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried it in both Firefox and IE....

I've noticed a few people seem to have that problem but I've never been able to get to the bottom of it. I don't know if it's a JavaScript thing or something else.

Postby tmathews » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
tmathews wrote:Also -- the link that indicates "Select more peaks (up to 5 total)..." doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried it in both Firefox and IE....

I've noticed a few people seem to have that problem but I've never been able to get to the bottom of it. I don't know if it's a JavaScript thing or something else.

Hmm. Now it seems to work. Weird.

Postby tmathews » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh, also -- is it possible to create something (perhaps from the UCP or from the "My Trip Reports" section) to view/see TR's that you've been tagged to? Or is that one of the future tie-ins that you mentioned?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Yup, I'll be doing that stuff when I get a chance.
Thanks!

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Facebook is going to sue you.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Matt wrote:Facebook is going to sue you.

Yes, I want a message in my inbox seeking my approval of TRs I'm "attached" to by others before the link goes live... some colossal blunder trips should not be written about or connected to. :P
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby USAKeller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:57 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I just changed the TRIP REPORT EDIT (will do the add page later) page to provide an area for "Additional 14ers.com Members on the Trip" so the author can specify other 14ers.com members included in the trip report. There's a username lookup included.

The member names will then show up on the TRIP REPORT (view) page, with profile links. I will tie this to other pages soon.

Very nice Bill! Any screen shots?! :wink:
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby d_baker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 pm

What about adding two authors/users to the same trip report?
I think there could be some interesting collaborations between partners. I realize TR's can be written in this way now if two (or more?) partners from a trip want to, but if it could be posted with credit to two authors, I think that could make it interesting, and possibly attract attention.
Two perspectives from a certain climb/hike along with two different writing styles could make for interesting TR's.
I could see some of the ski mountaineers possibly doing this, as well as some of the other common hiking/climbing duo's out there.

Just a thought.

Next