Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Logged off repeatedly

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Logged off repeatedly

Postby mattpayne11 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 am

Hi all,

I know this is covered in many posts, but I feel like I have exhausted my options haha.

Symptom:

This only happens at my work PC, so I am wondering if our IT guys have something set-up to cause it...

I occasionally get logged-off while browsing the forum, and it happens everytime I try to post in the photography forum.

I've tried deleting my cookies and have clicked on the "delete all board cookies." Neither option helps.

Am I just doomed to deal with it or am I missing another option? Thanks either way.

Re: Logged off repeatedly

Postby Screed » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

Sounds like the classic case of your IT guys disabling cookies. You're gonna just have to deal with it.
The best things in life aren't things.

Postby mattpayne11 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Screed wrote:Sounds like the classic case of your IT guys disabling cookies. You're gonna just have to deal with it.

Damn IT guys haha thanks man!

Postby Bean » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm having a similar issue. Seems every time I change computers to access 14ers (at home and at work) I have to log back in.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby MUni Rider » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Bean wrote:I'm having a similar issue. Seems every time I change computers to access 14ers (at home and at work) I have to log back in.

It's like those bastard expect us to work while at work and not surf the net. I mean, WTF? Come on!
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby tmathews » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Bean wrote:I'm having a similar issue. Seems every time I change computers to access 14ers (at home and at work) I have to log back in.

Every time I log into my work laptop and my personal laptop for the first time during the course of the day it seems like I have to log back in, but I simply refresh the page and then I'm logged in. Not sure why that is, but you may give it a shot and see if works for you, too.