Good weather weekend

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Good weather weekend

Post by tmathews »

If you've got plans in the San Juans or Elks or haven't solidified plans -- looks like this weekend is for you. I was just glancing over the weather links and it looks like the NWS has dropped the chance for precip in those two regions to basically none. Even Longs Peak only has a 10% chance tomorrow. Looks like the highest chances are in the Front, Sangres, and some of the Sawatch, but even then it's not looking all too bad (30% is the highest chance I saw). Sunday's looking awesome at this point all around, too (20% is the highest I saw in some of the Front, Sangres, and Sawatch).

Hope everyone is able to get out there and enjoy it! =D> \:D/ :mrgreen:
Summit Assassin
14ers: 35 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (14)

Re: Good weather weekend

Post by Summit Assassin »

Good to hear Terry! We are planning on La Plata on Sunday and then the Four Pass Loop next week. Hope the good weather holds!
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Post by Derek »

Been a while since I've seen a weekend look this good weatherwise. Headin out in an hour or so for a backpack into the west Indian Peaks, the spot forecast has 10% chance for tomorrow, and 0% chance for Sunday. (Today might be a bit wet, but not bad.) Obviously, that all could change while I'm there....but hey....I'll take it!

-D
gonzalj
14ers: 40  1 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (11)

Post by gonzalj »

Yeah, let's hope they're right on this one. Headed up to massive via the SW slopes in several hours and am definitely looking forward to thei hike tomorrow.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

this looks good for the weekend and into next week
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Summit Assassin
14ers: 35 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (14)

Post by Summit Assassin »

I might pee my pants... This trip is two years in the making and lining up so nice... La Plata, 4PL, Snowmass and Buckskin Benchmark here we come! 4:00am tomorrow can't come fast enough.
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

jstouder wrote:I might pee my pants... This trip is two years in the making and lining up so nice... La Plata, 4PL, Snowmass and Buckskin Benchmark here we come! 4:00am tomorrow can't come fast enough.
looks like you are in luck...could be the only dry week we have in August
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;