Fall Reservior Peaks

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
zoriloco
14ers: 18  1 
Trip Reports (16)

Fall Reservior Peaks

Post by zoriloco »

Good day everyone,

I just had a quick question. What are the names of the peaks sourrounding Fall Reserivior over at Idaho Springs. I was up there this past weekend and climbed a section of the closest one to the reservior, not the tallest one, but the one with the rockiest face and was wondering what the name was.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Fall Reservior Peaks

Post by Dave B »

Parry Peak is to the north and Mt. Eva is to the south. By the rockiest and closest I think you're referring to Eva, the summit of Parry is a ways up the draw and lookers right from the reservoir.
Make wilderness less accessible.
zoriloco
Trip Reports (16)

Post by zoriloco »

Thanks Ill look them up and confirm if that is the one im talking about. Anyhow, what a great spot.
glacierPaul
Trip Reports (0)

Post by glacierPaul »

Mt. Eva is the one.
zoriloco
Trip Reports (16)

Post by zoriloco »

Ok, I finally got my pics downloaded. But looking thru some topo maps it does look to be Mt Eva. Thanks a ton guys and here are some pictures. We didnt get far because of the snow fields, I was actually wearing tennis shoes and didnt feel safe climbing any higher then 12K

metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

zoriloco wrote:Ok, I finally got my pics downloaded. But looking thru some topo maps it does look to be Mt Eva. Thanks a ton guys and here are some pictures. We didnt get far because of the snow fields, I was actually wearing tennis shoes and didnt feel safe climbing any higher then 12K

There is a mostly (I assume by now) snow free route up Eva from the south side of the ridge in the pictures. I posted a trip report a while back about an attempt back in June that failed due to some large cornices approaching the summit. Fun route though :)
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem