Mosquito - Tenmile Traverse

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jesse Peterson
14ers: 17  8  7 
13ers: 62
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Mosquito - Tenmile Traverse

Post by Jesse Peterson »

according to his SPOT updates, dude is still moving through some burly terrain. once he reaches atlantic peak, the traverse mellows out until he reaches the peak 2- peak 4 ridge (except for a couple hundred feet on peak 9). still lots of daylight left, and it looks like the weather is holding, for now. stoked to see how far he gets.
"As for mountains, there are mountains hidden in jewels, there are mountains hidden in marshes, mountains hidden in the sky; there are mountains hidden in mountains. There is a study of mountains hidden in hiddenness." Dogen Kigen , Mountains and Rivers Sutra
Mountainspirit
14ers: 20 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Mountainspirit »

Amazing! Thankfully, weather is still holding, though there are some nasty looking clouds to the east of the Tenmile. That being said, the sun is shining on Peter right now - GO MAN, GO!
"I sang out from a mountain top, out to the valley down below
Because my cup doth overflow
With the beauty of the days gone by." - Van Morrison
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

I'm rooting for you Peter!
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

getting close to crystal now, go Peter! Going this far he's already accomplished an amazing feat.
Last edited by ajkagy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fiemus
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Fiemus »

ajkagy wrote:getting close to crystal now, go Peter! Going this far he's already accomplished an amazing fete.
Amazing fete ?
Sugar Madison
14ers: 30 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sugar Madison »

He basically has it in the bag at this point... the technical difficulties are over and it's just an easy cruise down the Tenmile Range now. He's meeting his wife (Steph) at Peak 10, but I'm uncertain if she's just providing aid or joining him for the last couple of hours. Keep up the strong work, Peter!
Rich H
14ers: 45  7 
13ers: 163
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rich H »

Wishing Peter the best. Aron Ralston and I did the Mosquitos in a day a few years back...we did Arkansas down to Weston Pass hitting most of the Peaks. At the time we were thinking that the stretch between Peak 10 or 9 down to Weston was the longest strip in North America that was continuously above 13,000'.
Sugar Madison
14ers: 30 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sugar Madison »

Hmmm.... I may have spoken too soon. No movement in over 3 hours. :?
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

No updates since Peak 10 last night, hope all is well.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
Mountainspirit
14ers: 20 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Mountainspirit »

Bean wrote:hope all is well.
+1
"I sang out from a mountain top, out to the valley down below
Because my cup doth overflow
With the beauty of the days gone by." - Van Morrison
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

Fiemus wrote:
ajkagy wrote:getting close to crystal now, go Peter! Going this far he's already accomplished an amazing fete.
Amazing fete ?
spelling fail...hah, was typing too fast yesterday
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dsunwall
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 399
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dsunwall »

I was wondering how he would handle the Fletcher Atlantic traverse, I know first hand there is a rappel required, looks like he dropped quite a ways down the west side. Doesn't take away from the feat, pretty amazing! Hopefully no 911 from his Spot. Did it storm there last night?
Last edited by dsunwall on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.