Daddy's got a belly....

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Re: Daddy's got a belly....

Post by Floyd »

Nice Steve. I hope to have some similar pictures with my little girl in the near future.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
cwm191
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by cwm191 »

I'm in the same boat as tuba, except she is 13 months old. In another decade, hopefully my daughter will love the outdoors as much as yours does.
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain. - Friedrich Schiller

The problem with quotes on the internet is there is no way to verify their accuracy. - Abraham Lincoln
sgladbach
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 710 37
Trip Reports (29)

Re: Sweet picture!

Post by sgladbach »

I posted because I thought those photos of her were beautiful. I'm most proud that she is kind to others, works hard, and treats herself with repsect.

However, when your the daddy, those gorgeous smiles, pretty face, and rosy cheeks set against the mountains make your eyes well. I'm really not trying to pressure her into becoming a climber and she's not totally sold. She loves to hike to a Sangre de Christo lake and hang out/ fish for a couple days. Blanca/ Ellingwood was a big step in commitment for her; she did great and really enjoyed the day.

She really just likes spending a few days un-interrupted days with Daddy. Somehow, that seems to require going to the mountains!

Lonestar: Those two boys we hiked up Humbolt were blown away! They took hundreds of photos and were very proud of their accomplishment. When we hit the Humbolt saddle and could see the 360 view from Marble to Crestones, KC, Adams, Pikes, and Greenhorn, one of them blurted out (in front of his summer school teacher), "This is better than getting high!" I explained this is the high upon which people drew to find a way to express the other. The original is always best!
Last edited by sgladbach on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

I was moved by the two of you holding hands on Bross, Cameron, and Lincoln.

You are a good daddy, Steve. =D>
Attachments
HPIM7025_edited.jpg
HPIM7025_edited.jpg (154.06 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
HPIM7039_edited.jpg
HPIM7039_edited.jpg (141.59 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
HPIM7042_edited.jpg
HPIM7042_edited.jpg (91.53 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Great pictures Britt......they make me tear up and I wasn't even there. Shows such a strong bond between father and daughter. Amazing how one picture can say so much about the character of both people.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
Zenyatta
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Zenyatta »

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."

Your beautiful, touching photos made my heart soar! What wonderful memories you are creating together.