Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Hiking Buddies

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Hiking Buddies

Postby dehrlich101 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello 14ers.com
I am looking for some hiking buddies this summer, If anyone is interested in climbing some front range mountains "Longs Peak, Pikes Peak", Ten mile and Mosquito Ranges "Democrat, Lincoln, and Bross", and Sawatch Range, I want to begin climbing some of these in July depending on snow conditions... I always have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and all day saturday off work so if your interested in going up any of those days email me at dehrlich101@yahoo.com
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Re: Hiking Buddies

Postby Craig Cook » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm

I started a thread asking if anyone wanted to hike Pikes on June 22. Not quite July, but from what I gather, the snow is melting quickly on Barr Trail and already not much of an issue. It's also a Wednesday, which sounds like it would work for you.
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby livetothemax96 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey, I was looking at peak bagging over the summer to prep for Mont Blanc next year. I'm 14 so i'd have to go back to school in august, but id definitely be up for some hiking sometime. how ever, i am not available first two weeks of July. PM me if you ever need a partner for something more straight forward (up to class 3).

Ian
whats life unless you live it?

Postby mstender » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I live in Milwaukee, but I am planning to spend 10-14 days in CO in July, so maybe we can hook up for a couple of climbs. I'll shoot you an email.
"You may have passed time in happier ways, but there are other mountains to climb: you've never lived as you're living today - now is the time!"
Peter Hammill 1976

Postby renegadeshurpaofjazz » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Would be happy to! A co-worker and I lead 5 and 10 day trips in Rawah, Never Summer, and Neota wildernesses but we have no wheels on the weekends. We'll pay for gas and port your gear (hell that's all i do all week anyway). We're in Fort Collins every weekend!

Postby sclarson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:09 pm

I'd love to! I have every weekend free and am hoping to finish up the Sawatch Range peaks in prep for hopefully some Elks in August. I live in Vail but am down near Buena Vista almost every weekend so please PM or email me (sclarson@gmail.com) if you want a hiking buddy for a Sawatch 14er on any given Saturday! :)
"Trails?! What trails? We don't need no trails where we're goin. Set a bearing and start hiking!" -Rayado

Postby passionforhiking » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I can only hike Mondays. My schedule is as follows:

July 18: Torreys
July 25: Cameron/Lincoln
August 1 : Quandry

If any of these dates match with you, let me know.

Postby Missy_Goat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

We have a couple planned!

July 16 - decalibron
August 7 - longs or kelso - or the sawtooth (undecided there)

Let us know if you would like to join on any of those! The July trip we will be with a beginner, so we will be keeping a steady pace, in no rush and enjoying some CO! The August hike will be just my husband and I, with an EARLY start (driving back the the flatlands afterwards -and yes we know we are CRAZY!) \:D/
The mountains are calling and I must go. ~ John Muir

Postby mstender » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm

mstender wrote:I live in Milwaukee, but I am planning to spend 10-14 days in CO in July, so maybe we can hook up for a couple of climbs. I'll shoot you an email.

Looks like I have to change my plans due to work. It seems my trip will be around Aug. 14 - 26, if anybody is looking for a partner.
"You may have passed time in happier ways, but there are other mountains to climb: you've never lived as you're living today - now is the time!"
Peter Hammill 1976

Postby Don Eberl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 am

I plan on doing Princeton on Thursday, 7/28 if you are interested.
Some of it's majic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way.

Jimmy Buffett

Postby [jon] » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm looking for some hiking partners too. I've yet to summit a 14er so I'm definitely a beginner, but very athletic so I think i'd be able to keep a good pace. I'm also thinking of doing the front range first, so I'd be interested in joining in on some hikes. The only problem is I don't always know what my work schedule will be more than a week in advance, so planning a trip is difficult. But if you can keep me in the loop of dates you have planned i'll do my best to make it.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with one foot step - Lao Tzu

Postby gonzalj » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm always up for hiking and meeting new people. For any who want to join, my schedule for the next couple of weeks is:

This Sunday the 31st - Sherman & Gemini; Saturday August 6th or Sunday the 7th - Massive via SW slopes; Saturday the 13th or Sunday the 14th - Uncompahgre; August 19th or 20th - Decalibron; August 26th or 27th - Sneffels

If you want to join, feel free to let me know. To give you a little background on me, I'm not the fastest hiker or the slowest. I generally take numerous breathing/water/photo breaks during a hike (especially on the steeper parts).