Anyone going to Aconcagua Jan/Feb 2012 for Polish Direct?

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nmontelli
14ers: 13  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (5)

Anyone going to Aconcagua Jan/Feb 2012 for Polish Direct?

Post by nmontelli »

Im heading there in January or February, originally planned to do the Polish Direct, but my partner can no longer go. If I end up going alone, I will either try to solo the route, or do the traverse depending on how I feel. But would be much more confident in doing the route with a partner. If anyone's plans are similar let me know and maybe we can work something out.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Anyone going to Aconcagua Jan/Feb 2012 for Polish Direct?

Post by kushrocks »

I was starting to look into it. Just having a hard time trying to find the funds to do the trip. I for sure want to go that time of year if I can.
Last edited by kushrocks on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
SenadR
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 193 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SenadR »

I'm going sometimes in January, i don't have plan put together yet, it's still in progress.
Send me PM for more details.
Sen
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

SenadR wrote:I'm going sometimes in January, i don't have plan put together yet, it's still in progress.
Sen
Way to go, Sen!

Looking forward to a full trip report with your usual dynamite photos! :D

Well wishes!! =D>
SenadR
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 193 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SenadR »

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:
SenadR wrote:I'm going sometimes in January, i don't have plan put together yet, it's still in progress.
Sen
Way to go, Sen!

Looking forward to a full trip report with your usual dynamite photos! :D

Well wishes!! =D>
Thanks Jim, it's personal journey!
nomadelmundo
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (10)

Post by nomadelmundo »

u going with a tour or solo.. can you even do it without a guide? i was just looking into going there late February (cheaper permit fees)... i am definitely interested in tackling this beast, PM me, let's talk more
Maxmius - What we do in life echoes in eternity.
Gusher
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gusher »

I might be interested. I would like to do the Normal Route but could be persuaded to go the Polish Direct. I would prefer late December-early January but am open on that was well. Let me know your plans. If going unguided there's a lot of logistics involved as I was going to try it 2 years ago and things fell through. Feel free to PM me.
AlpineDude
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AlpineDude »

I'll jump in this conversation; depending on the intent to use a guide or not. (not me hopes)