Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13ers.com

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: 13ers.com

Postby Zol » Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 am

On 13ers.com the 13ers in the top 100 are listed with the ones without enough prominence in gray. Teakettle Mtn and Dallas Pk are reddish gray. What does that mean?

User avatar
Posts: 7365
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: 13ers.com

Postby Jim Davies » Mon May 30, 2011 10:23 am

It's a browser thing; the color changes if you've clicked on the link lately.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

User avatar
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: 13ers.com

Postby flintster » Mon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm

does anyone else notice that if you display a user's peak checklist for Top 100 or Top 200 peaks....using 'display by range'...it only shows the peaks < 14000ft and omits peaks > 14k??

switching to 'display by elevation' for the same query returns ALL peaks....the actual 100 or 200 list.



and seprately, just viewing the centennials list always excludes peaks over 14k.
www.13ers.com/peaks/13ers_all.php?displaytype=0&sublist=cent&listd=range

User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Re: 13ers.com

Postby Dark Helmet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Papillon wrote:
ajkagy wrote:Flattop-Hallett (tops out at 12713 feet)

I think the last thing you want to do is take somebody out and have them suffer.




ummmmm, does not compute... I'm looking at the elevation line for flattop and trying to understand how it could ever NOT suck?


that said I'm still doing it next month...

User avatar
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: 13ers.com

Postby ChrisRoberts » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Dark Helmet wrote:ummmmm, does not compute... I'm looking at the elevation line for flattop and trying to understand how it could ever NOT suck?


that said I'm still doing it next month...


Flattop does suck, thats why you have to go to bigger and better places
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Ramsay, Sugarloaf and Skull

User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Re: 13ers.com

Postby Dark Helmet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 pm

fair enough...

I wish I could take my son up it with me and do the traverse around to Otis and down Andrews... but that's a bit much for a 7-year-old.

User avatar
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

lost trip report

Postby Kent McLemore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 am

Looking for some technical assistance: My recent Knife Point trip report was not appearing on the 13ers.com TR's, page, nor did a link appear on the Knife Point page's TR list. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I did not use the drop down menu for the "peak name" on the edit page. I attempted to correct and resubmit it, but now the TR doesn't seem to appear anywhere, 13er.com, 14ers.com or the Knife Point page. I've sent a message to Bill, but hate to bother him with this if someone else has a quick fix. The report still remains in the "my trip report" list. Any ideas appreciated.

Posts: 3862
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: lost trip report

Postby tmathews » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 am

ozarkmac wrote:Looking for some technical assistance: My recent Knife Point trip report was not appearing on the 13ers.com TR's, page, nor did a link appear on the Knife Point page's TR list. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I did not use the drop down menu for the "peak name" on the edit page. I attempted to correct and resubmit it, but now the TR doesn't seem to appear anywhere, 13er.com, 14ers.com or the Knife Point page. I've sent a message to Bill, but hate to bother him with this if someone else has a quick fix. The report still remains in the "my trip report" list. Any ideas appreciated.


I think it might because you have the main peak in your report listed as "Other Peak". If you look at Scot, Derek, and Brian's TR's (others for Knife Point), they have peaks linked to 13ers.com pages. If you change the main peak to Knife Point, that'll probably fix it.

ETA: Oh, you might not be able to change the main peak. I just looked at one of my TR's to see if I could do it, but apparently I can't. You might have to create a new report. :|

Bill might have some administrative tools that can change it for you. I dunno.

User avatar
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Re: lost trip report

Postby Kent McLemore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 am

tmathews wrote:
ozarkmac wrote:Looking for some technical assistance: My recent Knife Point trip report was not appearing on the 13ers.com TR's, page, nor did a link appear on the Knife Point page's TR list. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I did not use the drop down menu for the "peak name" on the edit page. I attempted to correct and resubmit it, but now the TR doesn't seem to appear anywhere, 13er.com, 14ers.com or the Knife Point page. I've sent a message to Bill, but hate to bother him with this if someone else has a quick fix. The report still remains in the "my trip report" list. Any ideas appreciated.


I think it might because you have the main peak in your report listed as "Other Peak". If you look at Scot, Derek, and Brian's TR's (others for Knife Point), they have peaks linked to 13ers.com pages. If you change the main peak to Knife Point, that'll probably fix it.

ETA: Oh, you might not be able to change the main peak. I just looked at one of my TR's to see if I could do it, but apparently I can't. You might have to create a new report. :|

Bill might have some administrative tools that can change it for you. I dunno.


Thanks for the response, TM. I changed the main peak back to Knife Point but still no link to the 13ers.com TR or Knife Point. I'm sure its because when I first set it up, I didn't know the drop down menu included the 13ers and just entered "Knife Point" and its elevation by hand. If I have to delete and it and create a new one, no biggie.

Posts: 3862
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: lost trip report

Postby tmathews » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 am

ozarkmac wrote:Thanks for the response, TM. I changed the main peak back to Knife Point but still no link to the 13ers.com TR or Knife Point. I'm sure its because when I first set it up, I didn't know the drop down menu included the 13ers and just entered "Knife Point" and its elevation by hand. If I have to delete and it and create a new one, no biggie.


Yep, that's your problem. You can just edit the report, select all the text, and paste it into Notepad or something. If you create a new report, just paste the copied text into it. It'll still kind of be a pain in the butt to re-upload all of those images in sequence and the captions, though. Nice report, BTW!

User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Boulder

Re: 13ers.com

Postby milan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Papillon wrote:

Solid post, viejo. I believe the easiest 13ers in RMNP would be Chiquita and Ypsilon from either the Chapin Pass TH (Old Fall River Road) or the Alpine Visitor Center. But one is above treeline 90% of the time and there really isn't a defined trail. That's also a pretty windy location.




I agree and if you don't have enough, you can continue farther :)...Mummy mania rocks.

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests