Everest Slideshow in Avon

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Everest Slideshow in Avon

Post by jbchalk »

Hey everyone,

My wife, Kristine, and I will be giving a slideshow on our spring 2010 Everest climb tomorrow night (Thursday, August 26) at the Avon library at 6pm. Please see flyer below. If you live in or around the Vail Valley, we'd love to see you as it would be fun to meet a few of you 14ers.com members. Also, pass this along to anyone you may know that may be interested in attending. We're going to have a few select Everest pics of ours framed and for sale as well.

Thanks!
Brandon
Full page fax print.jpg
Full page fax print.jpg (103 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
runningstix
14ers: 12 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Everest Slideshow in Avon

Post by runningstix »

very neat, a spouse summit... impressive!

Congrats
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
JB99
14ers: 41 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (21)

Post by JB99 »

Wish I lived a little closer so I could make it. Will you be doing any closer to the Front Range?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

JB99 wrote:Wish I lived a little closer so I could make it. Will you be doing any closer to the Front Range?
Hey Jesse...I hope do a slideshow closer to the front range at some point man. Will keep you posted.
JB99
14ers: 41 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (21)

Post by JB99 »

Nice, let me know if you need any help finding somewhere. I'm sure there's a few REI's or somewhere at CSU we could line up...
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

jnfercok wrote:That must have been a grant event, I'm a little late to know about it, but could just think about how good the show must have been just after taking a look at the flyer. I'd make sure that the next time you have it I'll not be amongst the ones to be missing out on that.
We had a great turnout for this - was a fun evening. I will let everyone now when & where we are able to give another presentation.
imtheguy247
Trip Reports (0)

Post by imtheguy247 »

I know this is late, close to a year later, haha but if you ever do another presentation i would love to come
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

jbchalk wrote:Hey everyone,

My wife, Kristine, and I will be giving a slideshow on our spring 2010 Everest climb tomorrow night (Thursday, August 26) at the Avon library at 6pm. Please see flyer below. If you live in or around the Vail Valley, we'd love to see you as it would be fun to meet a few of you 14ers.com members. Also, pass this along to anyone you may know that may be interested in attending. We're going to have a few select Everest pics of ours framed and for sale as well.

Thanks!
Brandon
Full page fax print.jpg
I see some of your pictures on display at the Avon library now, pretty nice! Will there be another presentation by any chance?
(I realize this thread is almost a year old.)
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

This week appears to be the big annual summit on Everest.
One of the Sherpas did his 21st summit May 10.
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

d_baker wrote:

Thanks!
Brandon
Full page fax print.jpg
I see some of your pictures on display at the Avon library now, pretty nice! Will there be another presentation by any chance?
Yep, Kristine and I have some of our favorites on display at the Avon Library...glad you checked them out! I am hoping we'll be able to do another presentation perhaps this summer either again in Avon or Vail. I will keep people posted.

The big Everest push is on full swing this week. There were several summits last week (1st rope fixing sherpa party plus Adrian Ballinger, Kenton Cool's team, etc). I know our own Alan Arnette is looking for a later May summit window (I believe he juts got back to basecamp after a Camp 3 rotation). All my best to him...I have a good feeling that he will be successful this time. Also, my good buddy Mike Horst (AAI) and his client will hopefully be going for summit in a few days. An exciting time for sure albeit a bit stressful no doubt.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

jbchalk wrote:
d_baker wrote:

Thanks!
Brandon
Full page fax print.jpg
Yep, Kristine and I have some of our favorites on display at the Avon Library...glad you checked them out! I am hoping we'll be able to do another presentation perhaps this summer either again in Avon or Vail. I will keep people posted.
Cool, I'll be in Avon all summer, so maybe I'll be able to check out your presentation. Thanks!