Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Barr Trail training runs for Pikes Peak Ascent

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Barr Trail training runs for Pikes Peak Ascent

Postby sad2 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

In preparation for the Pikes Peak Ascent, I'm planning on doing some training runs on Barr Trail on a monthly basis from now and until race weekend.

Probably four times (April 30th, once in mid-May, early June, and the Barr Trail MTN race on July 17th)

Next Saturday April 30th will be my first one, likely to Barr Camp and back (around 13 miles, depending on where I find parking :)

If you are interested in carpooling next SAT or later in the summer let me know.

We can find a park-and-ride somewhere on I-25 South to meet up.

Thanks.

Re: Barr Trail training runs for Pikes Peak Ascent

Postby Ridge runner » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm

I may be interested in either the mid-May or June date. I'm not signed up for the race, but I've always wanted to run Pikes Peak from Barr Trail and then follow it up with the Manitou Incline. Keep me posted on what your plans are in May and June.

Postby MichiganBrian » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:53 pm

I'd definitely be interested a little bit later in the season. I'm not in good distance shape right now (haven't been going much over 6-8 lately), but will be picking that up quickly and was sort of thinking about a trip up to Barr camp in late June, and at least one full ascent (w/ a car shuttle down maybe?) in late July.

I'm also planning a having a number of weekends from late June until August of running up and down an easy 14ers on a friday or saturday and then hiking up one on a saturday or sunday.

Postby sad2 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will let you know of my plans in May and June.

MichiganBrian: I'm also planning on trying to run a few of the shorter fourteeners (perhaps Quandary or Bierstadt) once most/all of the snow has disappeared.

Let's keep in touch with those plans as well.

Postby sad2 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:23 pm

With the poor weather last weekend, I decided not to go.

I'm planning on heading down this Saturday.

Same deal. To Barr Camp and back, maybe stopping to eat the Orange Almond French Toast at Adams Mtn Cafe after the run. :-D

Thanks.