Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing Democrat/Decalibron April 2nd

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Climbing Democrat/Decalibron April 2nd

Postby d_baker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:21 pm

globreal wrote:I'm out for tomorrow, I've got to work.

x3
So Britt, what you're saying is that you can't go tomorrow because you have to work, or you have to work tomorrow so you can't go, or you're out because you're working?
I'm confused.
Your 3 posts doesn't drive home the point for me. I'm slow. Please speak slower. ;)
(sorry, I felt that I needed to contribute useless dribble/sarcasm to a thread...)

Postby ebnhils » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:02 pm

I would still like to do this hike soon and meet some more of you, maybe we can go next weekend. The conditions are some of why I am not going this weekend, maybe thing will work out better for next weekend.

Eben
life is motion, get busy living or get busy dying

Postby Rastaman566 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Because of weather (Snow. High near 31. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a west wind 41 to 44 mph decreasing to between 25 and 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.) and lack of interest (I didn't receive any PM's), I'm canceling on tomorrows climb, too.

My new plan is to go solo on Tuesday the 5th. Again, if anyone wants to join, PM me.

Postby globreal » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:16 pm

d_baker wrote:
globreal wrote:I'm out for tomorrow, I've got to work.

x3
So Britt, what you're saying is that you can't go tomorrow because you have to work, or you have to work tomorrow so you can't go, or you're out because you're working?
I'm confused.
Your 3 posts doesn't drive home the point for me. I'm slow. Please speak slower. ;)
(sorry, I felt that I needed to contribute useless dribble/sarcasm to a thread...)

Okay....that's weird. I just noticed that. Don't know why it posted 3 times. Sorry for the redundancy...repeating myself...saying it more than once.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby d_baker » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:20 pm

:lol:
It's all good Britt! Hope all is well...

Postby Rastaman566 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:26 pm

I just submitted my TR of Decalibron from yesterday (4/5/11). I'd be cautious of wind loading from the crazy winds yesterday moving all of that new snow from Sunday night around. Hopefully you won't experience the same conditions I did.

Postby TeamDino5280 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Rastaman566 wrote:I just submitted my TR of Decalibron from yesterday (4/5/11). I'd be cautious of wind loading from the crazy winds yesterday moving all of that new snow from Sunday night around. Hopefully you won't experience the same conditions I did.

Thanks for the Beta! Sounds like the winds were crazy up there. Im hoping to hit it up this weekend pending conditions and what the CAIC has to say.
"Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person."
- Yvon Chouinard
"I try to play by the mountain’s rules instead of mine."
- Lou Dawson

Previous