Indian Gulch Fire

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
FFLpilot
14ers: 2 
13ers: 6 3
Trip Reports (0)

Indian Gulch Fire

Post by FFLpilot »

Although not strictly 14er-related, I thought I'd share some images from the last few days shooting the Indian Gulch Wildfire in Golden. The first one is from the top of Mt. Zion on Monday night, while the second one is what I was standing upon (unbeknownst to me) after I set my tripod up. Hope that lion was full. The 4th and 5th are from Tuesday night, taken from the top of North Table Mountain. The last one was last night, from north of Golden. Glad the fire is toning it down, and if you want to see more, check out:

http://jeffwarnerphoto.blogspot.com

Looks like things are finally calming down a bit, fortunately...

-Jeff
"My $0.02 in a world where pennies are obsolete..."
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Indian Gulch Fire

Post by Dave B »

The first one just beat out an American Alpine Club picture for my desktop wall paper, it's a killer shot!

Actually, all of them are great, nice job!
Make wilderness less accessible.
Gahugafuga
14ers: 53 
13ers: 98
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Gahugafuga »

Great pictures! It looks to me like the fire is burning extensively behind Galbraith, more toward Crawford Benchmark? Back in the day, I'd scramble up to Crawford from Tunnel 1 - that hillside above US 6 was barely holding on with what little vegetation did exist. If that has burned out, it will be quite a challenge keeping the highway open during thunderstorm season.
Sugar Madison
14ers: 30 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sugar Madison »

Nice shots!! Somebody tweeted a link to your website yesterday and I checked them out. Really stellar work!
JohnWilliams
14ers: 10  2  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (9)

Post by JohnWilliams »

Absolutly Increadable Pictures!!!!!! Great! Just wish it wasnt burning where i want to climb!
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins
greenwade
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenwade »

Wow, beautiful photos.
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Superb images. I particularly like the first one, and also the helicopter. Nice, nice work.
Rich H
14ers: 45  7 
13ers: 163
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rich H »

I coach lacrosse at Golden HS and on Tuesday evening it was crazy how bad the wind was blowing. I couldn't imagine being up there to trying to stop the fire.

Great Pics

Rich