Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PIKES sometime this week?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

PIKES sometime this week?

Postby waller19 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 am

Hey all..
I'm on spring break until 3/28 and I want to give pikes another go (encountered bad winds last time). I'd like to go via Crags TH. I'm pretty open to days to climb just weather & ppl dependent. Let me know if youre interested in attempting this climb.
thanks! :)

Re: PIKES sometime this week?

Postby oldschool » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:50 am

I will go....sometime next week works for me. I am going up to do Elbert tmrw (Sunday) but have next week open to climb. Drop me a PM...let's climb.
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin

Postby hunterwf » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 pm

I may be interested, not sure yet. I think I was in the group on the day you are talking about with the high winds. I actually got the summit the very next weekend. Was on Quandary today but I think I would be up for a Saturday or sunday next week. I will keep an eye on the thread to see what day you choose.
There are other Annapurnas in the lives of men.

- Maurice Herzog

Postby ktn44 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I'd be in on Tuesday if the weather is decent and as long as I could get to TH in my 2wd car. Let me know.

Postby MuchosPixels » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 am

Hi, I will go up to Barr Camp the 30th around mid day, spend the night, go up to the peak the 31st and return to camp and head down the next morning (1st). Im going solo so could use some company, specially for the summit attempt.

Postby tmathews » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 am

I'm thinking of making an attempt at Pikes from the Crags on Wednesday (3/23) since I'm still waiting to start my new job. AFAIK, the summit house has been open; when I was a Barr Camp last Wednesday, Neal said that the road is open and trains are making it to the summit. On windy days, the road gets closed, though. Wednesday looks ok for winds. Hit me up if that day works for you.

Terry

Postby England » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am

tmathews wrote:I'm thinking of making an attempt at Pikes from the Crags on Wednesday (3/23) since I'm still waiting to start my new job. AFAIK, the summit house has been open; when I was a Barr Camp last Wednesday, Neal said that the road is open and trains are making it to the summit. On windy days, the road gets closed, though. Wednesday looks ok for winds. Hit me up if that day works for you.

Terry

Glad you found a job, I'm still SOL. Guess it's time to try for something other than Mechanical Engineering. I've done a TON of climbing thou. Good Luck.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

Postby waller19 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am

So, I'm thinking Friday or Saturday might be good for me. Anyone else able to hike either of those? The weather from NOAA link on 14ers shows Friday looking better than Saturday.. though Sat. my schedule is a little less up n the air/potentially changing..

Postby hunterwf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

I would be able to on Saturday but cannot on Friday.

- Maurice Herzog

Postby waller19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:36 am

let's plan on saturday! (unless weather takes a nasty change)..

Postby hunterwf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:31 am

Right now weather does not look too bad. I will keep an eye on it also. PM sent

- Maurice Herzog