Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

La Plata this week

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

La Plata this week

Postby oldschool » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 am

I'm heading up to do La Plata this week. Leaving either 3/16 or 3/17. Plan on doing a bivy.......but could be talked into a one day ascent. Anyone want to go along?
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin

Re: La Plata this week

Postby SpringsHiker » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 pm

I would love to go but this week does not work for me. Actually, either an ascent of the standard route in winter or via Ellingwood ridge in summer is pretty high on my list.

I did notice your profile notes and specifically your interest in the Sierras. I am planning to meet with a group of friends from Phoenix for a 6-7 night wilderness hike through Dusy and Palisade basins, crossing several passes, and with opportunities to summit three 14ers in the area: North Palisade, Polemonium and Thunderbolt peaks. Including travel, the dates are expected to be 8/25 through 9/2 or 9/3. If you happen to have any interest I can send a PM with details.

It's early in our planning, but since I mentioned it here, I am open to including others from this site who would be interested.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"