Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Quandary Peak Feb 19th?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Quandary Peak Feb 19th?

Postby Weenus » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Did anyone make it up to Quandary today (or going tomorrow)? We're thinking about heading up on Monday and I wanted to see if anyone had some details on conditions. Thanks for the help!

Postby cyclenut911 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 am

There were a few places on the way up below tree line where show shoes came in really handy and they were really nice on the way down below tree line when the snow softened later in the day. Above tree line some slip on spikes worked well. Actually the whole trip could have been made without snowshoes or spikes. Other than that it was just absurdly windy. It may have snowed quite a bit there last night so conditions may have completely changed since yesterday.

Postby vetmike » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:30 am

I agree, it was crazy windy on Quandary this weekend. I wonder - is this much wind normal for this time of year on 14ers?

Postby daver » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 am

summited yesterday around 1:45pm. it was windy but completely bearable. bring a face mask. windiest part was the flat-ish area before the big steep part at the end (~1/2 mi from summit). wore snowshoes the whole time except put a snowboard on on the way down a little bit above tree line

Previous