Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Are you coming to the Ice Day?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Are You Planning on Coming, and What are Your Plans

I am coming and am completely new to technical climbing and would like to learn how to safely ice climb, and need to learn the basic's of climbing safety (belay techniques, how to put on a harness correctly, putting on crampons correctly and commands)
No votes
I am coming and am new to ice climbing, but know the basics of climbing safety (belay techniques, commands, rope management) and would like to be shown the basics
42%
I am am an experienced ice climber and need a partner to climb with
50%
I am coming to Ouray, and want to meet up with everyone afterwards
8%

Total votes : 12

Are you coming to the Ice Day?

Postby centrifuge » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am

I am desperately trying to organize this, and since people cannot update the group climbing calendar, I thought I would make a poll and couldn't do it to the other thread. The date is this Saturday (and Sunday if interested) in Ouray. I will update the group climbing calendar as people respond :D
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order

Re: Are you coming to the Ice Day?

Postby ebnhils » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 am

I will be going, most likley heading down Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. I will bring a dry rope that can be used,I could bring along other rock gear if needed but do not know what would be needed, let me know.

Eben
life is motion, get busy living or get busy dying

Postby dan_spors » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:54 am

I will most likely be there (barring unforseen work to be done). I don't have screws, but I have ropes and my own gear. I'll show up with whatever I think would be helpful.

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am

I am going with my wife and another couple. We are bringing our kids who are too young to be climbing so we will switch out three climbers and one babysitter throughout the day. I am happy to have others join our group and I am happy to help out beginners (I teach ice climbing with the CMC for what it's worth). Feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you my cell number if you want to track me down.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby Winter8000m » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am

I have 2 to 3 open spots in my car for the drive. PM me if your interested. Carpooling is the way to go!
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby shredthegnar10 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 pm

I'd like to come Saturday ... seeing as how I live in Gunnison I'll probably just drive up that morning and drive home afterwards (though I'll hang out for a bit at the end of the day).

I have climbed ice a few times before but never anything harder than WI 3/3+, and have no clue how to lead. I have a 70m dry-rope that I can bring if needed. However, I don't have tools ... I can rent them from my school if needed but seeing is how only half the people there will be able to climb at any given time, if there's going to be extras I'd just as soon not use the rentals. I can probably only climb 3 or 4 routes before my arms get pumped anyway, lol.
There's a fine line between being a badass and being a dumbass.

ACONCAGUA STYLE

Postby strongmelon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 pm

No,

But I will be in Ouray the following weekend...

Postby ktimm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 pm

When is Ice day, I'm in the area and might join in

Postby England » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm

strongmelon wrote:No,

But I will be in Ouray the following weekend...

Same here. Have fun.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

Postby Winter8000m » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:28 pm

ktimm wrote:When is Ice day, I'm in the area and might join in

It's this Saturday and Sunday. Leaving Friday afternoon/night. Coming back Sunday night. Have a couple spots open in my car if you decide to join.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby centrifuge » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Just picked up 2.5 gallons of Red Rocks Red from Rock Bottom for Saturday night... :D

Postby arogers13 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 am

i wont be able to make it but ill be in Ouray the 25-27 climbing. Have fun n be safe everyone! :)

Next