Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Princeton?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Princeton?

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 am

Between work and not getting out from heavy snow I'm starting to get cabin fever. I've been holding off on climbs until some ski descents are safe but I'm giving up on that now. I think I'm going to try Princeton tomorrow by the ridge. I plan to skin the road to the towers, then through the trees to the ridge. I plan on sticking to the ridge over the subpeak and on to the summit or as far as time/energy allow.

If anyone wants to join please PM me.

Re: Princeton?

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Ditto.

Robert, do be careful, and let us know what you see.

Thx!

Postby ap snow » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Good Luck! Pictures would be great!!! I want to ski something in the Sawatch this weekend...

Postby Kiefer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:26 pm

leadvilleclimber wrote:Between work and not getting out from heavy snow I'm starting to get cabin fever. I've been holding off on climbs until some ski descents are safe but I'm giving up on that now. I think I'm going to try Princeton tomorrow by the ridge. I plan to skin the road to the towers, then through the trees to the ridge. I plan on sticking to the ridge over the subpeak and on to the summit or as far as time/energy allow.

If anyone wants to join please PM me.

Cool. I'll be the solo snowshoer. Probably leave fairly early.
Definitely look for you tomorrow afternoon! 8)
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Check peak conditions page for quick report

Postby JsinDeAZ » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Prior to your conditions report, I was about to mention that the snow past the radio towers has turned me around before in the winter (too much time lost). And I would also recommend gaining Tigger then the saddle. As standard route below the saddle turned me around before in Winter (and took my groin with it). Yep, Princeton was my white whale 'til I knocked it off in Summer. A good crew to break trail past the towers is key.
-----------------------------
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

...I love not man the less, but Nature more... - Lord Byron