Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Shav & Tab Sunday 2/6

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Location: Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) off the coast of British Columbia, Canada

Re: Shav & Tab Sunday 2/6

Postby northcountry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi, Anna,
I'm thinking about doing S/T, but from the north side (Brown's Lake). You ever done it from that side? Joe from the North Country

Location: Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) off the coast of British Columbia, Canada

Postby northcountry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah, You're probably right. I keep forgetting about the long hike in, unless you 4-Wheel it in over Antero's shoulder and start from the lake, which you can't do in winter anyway. Guess I'll save that one (two) for a milder season. BTW, there are some great TRs on that north route. If you want a partner to try them with sometime this summer, let me know. Thanks. Joe

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 pm

I may join for this. What time is your group looking to start hiking and from which TH?

Non-football fans UNITE to climb high peaks and not sit fat arse on couch this Sunday to munch Cheez-Dooodles and suck high-fructose-corn-syrup Heartland-USA manufactured products into gaping maw...
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 am

anna wrote:It's nice not to have a tv so I can completely forget about its existence every year. :-"

Um... without a TeeVee how do you know what you're supposed to think, feel, believe, et cetera?

See also: Super Bowl may trigger heart attacks
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/31/super.bowl.heart.attacks/index.html
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Gueza » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Anybody know the snow conditions of Shavano? Is a summit ski descent out of the question?
Look at every setback, failure, and time you feel down in your life as a temporary, fixable condition. That is how you never give up and keep moving onwards.

"Never Stop" - AJS

"Be kind, Take care of yourself, and Work Hard" -Steve Gladbach

https://www.youtube.com/user/14erskier

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm

See y'all at the TH then
Last edited by Brian Thomas on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 pm

I am parked at the junction of Forest Roads 250 and 252, 2WD vehicles should have no prob making it up this far. Meet here and caravan up and beyond in 4WD/AWD vehicles? You'll find me here asleep in the back of mine strewn with beer cans and Neil Young blasting until my battery dies...

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:31 pm

In a blue Honda CR-V, and listening to Britpop 80's Smiths now. Pre-hike evening tune selection is CRITICAL...

Postby kimo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 pm

B-Thom wrote:In a blue Honda CR-V, and listening to Britpop 80's Smiths now. Pre-hike evening tune selection is CRITICAL...

It's all about the music. Because of your post I turned on some Smiths for the first time in probably a decade. Hatful of Hollow. Great record.

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 pm

I implore you to put Louder Than Bombs on your playlist, I was a confused young kid once, stranded in the wilderness with my parents' Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel LP records, then one day my brother gives me this cassette and blows my mind... I have yet to recover from that

Postby kimo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 am

Louder Than Bombs. I have it on vinyl without a player. I haven't yet replaced all of my albums from those forlorn days of youth. Loulder Than has eight or nine songs that are also on Hatful of Hollow. Marr's guitar work is unreal. Both records are classics.

Good luck to everyone climbing this weekend. Conditions look difficult to say the best. Should be a lot of fun! My apologies for the thread hijak. :D

Postby Brian Thomas » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:52 pm

kimo wrote:My apologies for the thread hijak. :D

No apology needed. Let's turn this thread into a 200 post thread on the finer points of Northern England post-punk, new-wave, and "Madchester" scene.

In other news, myself and 2 others of the 7 who attempted turned back without summiting.

Darin, Anna, Jeff, Kevin please post you made it down and got home safe.

Next