Yikes!

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Fairlight
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (2)

Yikes!

Post by Fairlight »

pw
14ers: 45 
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Yikes!

Post by pw »

Fairlight wrote:That'll wake you up!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/29 ... rs-arrive/
There is a longer story here, I think I'd be shaking too -

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Climber-r ... 6706280.jp

"It was quite incredible. He must have literally glanced off the outcrops as he fell, almost flying."

"He was shaking from extreme emotional shock and the sheer relief at still being alive.

"We checked the height while we were in the hover and we were at pretty much bang on 2,600ft, making his fall 1,000ft from the summit.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwahl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yikes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 112 15
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Yikes »

oh, i thought this post was about me...
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Yikes wrote:oh, i thought this post was about me...
LOL, I thought that, too, actually!
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

The comments on that article were great!
My guess he only lived because he was a Glaswegian!
English, actually !
Well they do have thicker skulls
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
Bacchus
14ers: 14 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bacchus »

"Astonished rescuers found Potter standing up reading a map when they arrived. Convinced he was not the victim, they flew to the summit where Potter's fellow hikers were waiting.
'"But my mates pointed downhill ... and that's when they realized I was the actual casualty, even though I was up and moving around,"' he said."

NO you sods, it really was me who fell.......

Lucky bastard
"You go down the mountain on a full heart." gentleman from Tennessee
Rockchalk Jayhawk...Go KU