Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

OKC Climb

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: OKC Climb

Postby somethingrandom » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you all for the responses!! I dont think I should have a hard time finding a hiking/climbing buddy for the 4 months or so I am down there!

These look like some fun hikes/climbs and I look forward to getting out there with some of you while I am there!
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.

Postby metalmountain » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am

Man, that grain silo gym is freaking awesome. I lived in OKC for a few years back in college and we would go there a couple times a week. I have never seen indoor routes like that place has. You will love it! Of course...there are no mountains in Oklahoma despite what my friends down there tried to convince me of. Whatever those hills in southern may be Oklahoma , they are not mountains :wink:
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby somethingrandom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:20 am

I am not a big fan of thread bumps but I am down here (OKC) now, and looking for something to hike/climb... i will be here for another 5 weeks or so. I would love to hit OKC Rocks while I am here but need someone to go with, other than that, weekends are great :D Please PM me.
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.

Previous