Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Midwest to Colorado and back around Feb 18 to Feb 28?

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Midwest to Colorado and back around Feb 18 to Feb 28?

Postby jimlup » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 am

Hey, anyone interested in trying to do a ride share trip to Colorado from the Midwest leaving sometime soon after Feb 18 and returning Feb 28? I have work the morning of Feb 28th but I don't care if I have driven all night right before hand.

I have a climb scheduled with a friend on the 26th and want to do some acclimatization/skiing before hand. I'm looking into ride sharing because I'd like to find some ways to offset my transportation costs. I'll be heading into the Leadville area for acclimatization but maybe Frisco instead (for skiing options at Breck and Keystone) if I don't have a car while there.

I have a car which could take one rider and gear. I'd be interested in sharing the gas if we took my car ('94 Honda Civic) or helping with gas if someone else would take their car. Anywhere in the midwest could work as a starting point.
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...

Re: Midwest to Colorado and back around Feb 18 to Feb 28?

Postby jimlup » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Bump 'cause I have to buy my plane tickets soon if I can't find a rider or a ride... just thought I'd ask.
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...