Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Looking for a few experienced climbing partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Looking for a few experienced climbing partners

Postby 14erdude83 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am

Hey out there,

Im currently in the beginning stages of planning a 7-9 day hike of the elk mountains Starting at Castle Peak and slowly traversing my way across to Snowmass summitting all the 14ers and a big portion of the ranked 13ers in the Elks. I have begun route planning for this trip and like I said I am in the very beginning stages.
This is meant to be a preaparation trip for a trip I am taking with a climbing partner to tackle the Cordillera Blanca in South America next winter.

I am looking for 3 to 4 individuals available in mid to late august that would want to partake in this epic adventure. You will need experience as some routes will be up to class 4 possibly a little tougher and some traverses will take us along very exposed ridges with lots of loose, unstable and [img][img][/img][/img]dangerous rock.

Currently I have some possible routes planned for the first few days of the climb which I will send to those interested in looking at/ evaluating my planned routes.

Serious hikers/climbers only need apply, so far I have my friend Brady(bcsnow7l) that has expressed interest in this hike and would like to have as many as 5 or 6 join in on this adventure. reply or send a message if you interested in this trip.

Re: Looking for a few experienced climbing partners

Postby mattpayne11 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 am

I might be interested, depending on the route and what not.

Postby traderaaron » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:24 am

Would be interested in more details but probably wouldn't be able to make the entire length of the trip. I like your idea a lot though.

Postby 14erdude83 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 am

mattpayne11 wrote:I might be interested, depending on the route and what not.

traderaaron wrote:Would be interested in more details but probably wouldn't be able to make the entire length of the trip. I like your idea a lot though.

Im still in the very begginning stages of planning these routes so input is wanted, and needed for sure!

if you guys can get me your email addresss' i can send you what i have planned out so far and you can give me your input and suggestions on possible routes and peaks that would be a "must summit" for you guys

Thanks for responding!

Postby 14erdude83 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 am

Im just giving this one a bump, still could use some extra people to join up on this epic trip! Leave a message if your interested...

Postby 14erdude83 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 am

Fletch wrote:I'll be your huckleberry. Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle? Hot damn! I'm in. The big guy is fired up!

thats pretty hilarious! we could use some comedic relief on this trip, sent you an itinerary with the planned routes and peaks let me know what you think

Adam

Postby Kojones » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Fletch wrote:Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?

I think we found the next Geico commercial.

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby mattpayne11 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Feel free to critique the hell out of my idea, by the way... :mrgreen: