Teaser Trip Report

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Teaser Trip Report

Post by Scott P »

If anyone is interested, here is a brief teaser trip report of our last trip and it has a few photos:

http://www.summitpost.org/2010-trip-log/590857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've saving all the best photos for last, so this is just a preview.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Teaser Trip Report

Post by Johnson »

Scott P wrote:If anyone is interested, here is a brief teaser trip report of our last trip and it has a few photos:

http://www.summitpost.org/2010-trip-log/590857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've saving all the best photos for last, so this is just a preview.

WOW! Sweet trip. Super family time eh? Can't wait to see the rest.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
KentonB
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (3)

Post by KentonB »

Scott, every time I see what you and your kids are up to, it makes me want to throw my kids computer and the TV out on the curb. Great report!
its_not_a_tuba
14ers: 36  1  2 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by its_not_a_tuba »

My wife and I just had our first, now 3 months old. Thank you for the inspiration.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson
Floyd
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

Obsurdly impressive. Looks like some very valuable family time. So far so good, but I'm hoping that my kids like the outdoors half as much as yours.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
Kojones
14ers: 25 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Kojones »

Unfair - as I sit in an office staring at the mountains just south of Salt Lake.

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Scott, my birth certificate from 1971 officially states that you are my father...

Don't debate it, just accept it... and make room for me in the car Dad!
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Yikes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 112 15
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Yikes »

That's a nice way to keep track of what happened over the year. Maybe I should do that this year since I often forget what outings I had accomplished.

let's see, this year...
Jan 1 - on couch, sick
Jan 2 - on couch, sick
Jan 3 - on couch, sick
Jan 4 - at work, sick

guess I better start taking pictures.

Nice report!