"A Sangre Sunset" North & South Crestone

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Kane
Trip Reports (0)

"A Sangre Sunset" North & South Crestone

Post by Kane »

Hi,

I wanted to share my mountain photography passion with 14ers.com. If the link to my personal site seems like "advertising" I can easily go away. However, if my images are worth a look, then I can keep you updated on my adventures.

I cannot put into words the beauty of Gods handiwork...way down there in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains/"Blood of Christ". Said it before, so I'll say it again...There's not another place in Colorado I would rather watch a sunset. The overwhelming warm colors just blow me away.

I climbed Point 12,540 on Monday; a spot Ive been spying for about a year. Its not a ranked peak, just a place that appeared to have a nice view from all of my meticulous research. It's a view south into the South Crestone and north into the North Crestone. For those of you that know this area....need I say more? Mount Adams, Kit Carson, Venable.

Feedback appreciated.

http://www.kaephotography.com/gallery/hidden-2/
Last edited by Kane on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: "A Sangre Sunset" North & South Crestone

Post by d_baker »

Nice photography! Thanks for sharing

-Darin
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Beautiful Photogrpahs! My favorite was #3. The rest of your photo's are pretty amazing also. Thanks for sharing.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Jesse Peterson
14ers: 17  8  7 
13ers: 62
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Jesse Peterson »

Killer shots, Kane. As always. For me, shot #5 evokes the elemental, windswept, sun-washed character of the Sangres the best, partly because of the contrast of shade in snow against the warmly lit rock. Did you use a graduated filter for this one?

Regardless-- nice work, dude.
"As for mountains, there are mountains hidden in jewels, there are mountains hidden in marshes, mountains hidden in the sky; there are mountains hidden in mountains. There is a study of mountains hidden in hiddenness." Dogen Kigen , Mountains and Rivers Sutra
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Excellent pics - the warm colors really come through on 2 and 4, amazing. Also really like 10.
Not really qualified to provide detailed feedback, all I can say is your pics capture things my eyes miss!
Keep up the great work! :D
Thanks for posting.
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
Fishdude
14ers: 58 
13ers: 144
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Fishdude »

Excellent pics! Thanks for sharing them.
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Never hiked in this area, but I can appreciate the grandeur of it by examining these fine photos.

However you must promote this fine effort, whether "advertised" or just to share, go for it. Others need to see these shots and get excited about returning to the high country.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
Kane
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kane »

Thansk for all the nice comments.

Jesse, I didn't use a GND filter, the lighting was incredibly soft.
mattpayne11
14ers: 58 
13ers: 111
Trip Reports (48)

Post by mattpayne11 »

Kane - you know I've been admiring your work for a couple of years now - these are great - thanks for sharing them!
DeTour
14ers: 43 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (30)

Post by DeTour »

Beautiful indeed. When you look at a photo and hear an "ohhh" escape you out loud, you know the photographer has hit the mark. A real sense of appreciation for the mountains and their Maker comes through.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Once torched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy.
Swede Landing, 'Peace Like a River'
The land is forever.
- Steve Almburg, Illinois centennial farmer