Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Congrats to Hollamby for finishing (in less than one year)!

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Congrats to Hollamby for finishing (in less than one year)!

Postby Tempelton » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Congrats Ryan! It was fun climbing Little Bear with you. I still can't believe how fast you ran up and down Blanca & Ellingwood after LB, while I was back at camp looking for where I hung my food like an idiot. Not surprising you finished them all so fast.

Postby sgladbach » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Ryan,

Congratulations on your finish! You tried to pick a reasonably easy peak so friends could join, but the mountain had other things in mind!! :shock:

The beautiful photos belie the challenges on the peak Saturday. For those of you who weren't out on Saturday, seven people started from the bottom, but only Ryan and Doug had enough ganas (desire) to make the summit. He had to wait until the return to the TH to pop his cork! Most turned around within 600' of the summit as winds increased to an easy 50mph sustained and gusts well over 75.

Doug made it with Ryan, but within 100' elevation of the top, he declared "next time I get knocked to the ground, I'm headed down!" I don't know if he held his feet the rest of the way to the summit or was driven by sufficient desire, but because if him, Ryan had someone to high-five (14,433' -five) on the summit. \:D/

Happy 58th!,

Steve

Post your finish to this thread:http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=27110&p=333204#p333204
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby hollamby » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Tempelton wrote:Congrats Ryan! It was fun climbing Little Bear with you. I still can't believe how fast you ran up and down Blanca & Ellingwood after LB, while I was back at camp looking for where I hung my food like an idiot. Not surprising you finished them all so fast.

A guy can move fast when he doesn't know if his going to have a ride home, lol. Let me know when you are finishing up your peaks, I'd like to tag along if you have room.

madeinus wrote:
hollamby wrote: Ok fine, good guy to hike with but if you hike during the dark don't plan on him actually having a headlamp

It's all about Leaving No Trace. Congrats again

Ha

globreal wrote:Congrats Ryan. A truly great accomplishment to complete these in 10 months!! And as unclegar said...welcome to the Class of 2010! :D

Glad to join.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hopefully I can met up with everyone sometime. Looks to be a lot of finishers next year.

sgladbach wrote:Post your finish to this thread:http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=27110&p=333204#p333204

Will do!

Ryan
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary

Postby search4meaning » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Congrats on a great accomplishment. I have only done 4 Colorado 14ers, so I am not in the same league as others, but my hat is off to you on the start of your next great adventure. Hope to meet you on the side of a mountain some day. Kudos.

Postby highplaces » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 am

Congratulations, great job! I think we met on Kit Carson, you were on your way up and we were on our way down.

Postby MountainHiker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Congratulations. Doing them all in less than a year is really banging them off.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby 14erFred » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:21 am

Way to go, Ryan! Hats off to you on your magnificent alpine accomplishment! Savor the victory! =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius

Previous