Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

One Day Left!!!

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

One Day Left!!!

Postby adkinsadam1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 pm

I would just like to say thank you so much everyone here for voting for me! Your feedback here has been fantastic!

That being said, there is ONE DAY LEFT TO VOTE! So please cash in on as many votes as possible by the end of Sunday! As you know, it was in getting this shot storm chasing in Colorado that totaled my 4runner.

Please vote for Adam Adkins, "Green Supercell" in this photography competition!!

The link is http://www.usa.canon.com/parks

I am so sincerely thankful!

Re: One Day Left!!!

Postby CO Native » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:09 am

Looks like your photo made the Boston Globe Big Picture collection: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/national_geographics_photograp.html
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby Johnson » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 am

Amazing pictures. Left thinking how beautiful, awesome, and brutal life is.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby adkinsadam1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Voting ends at midnight tonight.

Postby adkinsadam1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:09 pm

I was wrong... you have until midnight TONIGHT!!!

Postby speth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 am

Your photo is currently on the front page of yahoo.com. You're going to get some super major exposure, congrats :)
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby Johnson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:55 am

speth wrote:Your photo is currently on the front page of yahoo.com. You're going to get some super major exposure, congrats :)

That is pretty cool.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby mattpayne11 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 am

CO Native wrote:Looks like your photo made the Boston Globe Big Picture collection: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/national_geographics_photograp.html

Holy crap that praying mantis and the other bug photo are insane! The Hong Kong city skyline - wow.

I feel humbled!

Postby speth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 am

Sorry I keep bumping this, but your photo keeps popping up; it's currently on the front page of digg.com
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.