Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New! GPX files on Trip Reports

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: New! GPX files on Trip Reports

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm

tmathews wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Good point. I'll draft a liability page that's required for people to continue to the download.

Basically, it will say you use this at your own risk and the author cannot be held responsible.

I'm glad I wasn't just rambling and you were able to parse all of that. Thanks, Bill!

Done. A pop-up waiver is displayed before files can be downloaded. The user has the option to continue (agree to terms) or cancel and not get the file.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby tmathews » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 pm

I like the little icons that you added for reports that contain a Google Map and/or .gpx file available for download. Good stuff. =D>

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 pm

tmathews wrote:I like the little icons that you added for reports that contain a Google Map and/or .gpx file available for download. Good stuff. =D>

I can't wait to see them next to many future reports!

Postby scottda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:
tmathews wrote:Question: Are you going to make it where individuals can download the file for use in their GPS receivers?

Yup. I'll make it so the TR author can specify whether or not users can download the GPX file from the report. More to come...

Now there's a "share" flag on the TR EDIT page so the author can make the GPX file public for downloading.

Once that's set a GPX file download link is visible on the trip report (directly under the google map containing the GPX data).

OK. I see the link but I cannot figure out how to download the gpx file. Clicking on the link doesn't do anything. What am I missing?
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." ~ Edward Abbey

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" ~ Edward Abbey

flickr

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Depending on browser type, some people were not seeing the link. I just made a change and you should now see it below the Google Map on trip reports which have one.

Postby scottda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:25 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Depending on browser type, some people were not seeing the link. I just made a change and you should now see it below the Google Map on trip reports which have one.

Ha. I was just going to reply, 'never mind I found it.' I thought I must have been blind to have missed it earlier because I looked and clicked on everything on the page.

Thanks for the change.
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." ~ Edward Abbey

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" ~ Edward Abbey

flickr

Previous