Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Front page is useless

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: Front page is useless

Postby bj » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 am

Euroclimber wrote:The only issue I have with the front page is when I highlight the list of peaks on the left side with the mouse, some reason the peak has the wrong elevation with the highlighted peak (it shows the elevation of the peak above it with the profile of the peak highlighted)...does that make sense?

Untitled.jpg

How do you do that screen shot??? As I hover over any topic my pop-ups show up at the top of the top of the page, pushing the rest of the page down, and making it impossible to click on the subject I want. If I could record a screen shot I could show you.

I cleared everything again today, still no luck. looks great at home.

BJ
Just a drinker with a climbing problem..

Postby Euroclimber » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm

bj wrote:
Euroclimber wrote:The only issue I have with the front page is when I highlight the list of peaks on the left side with the mouse, some reason the peak has the wrong elevation with the highlighted peak (it shows the elevation of the peak above it with the profile of the peak highlighted)...does that make sense?

Untitled.jpg

How do you do that screen shot??? As I hover over any topic my pop-ups show up at the top of the top of the page, pushing the rest of the page down, and making it impossible to click on the subject I want. If I could record a screen shot I could show you.

I cleared everything again today, still no luck. looks great at home.

BJ

To make a screen shot press Crtl+Print Scrn at the same time. Then go to paint and open new file and press Shift+Insert at same time. Save the picture and then upload with the upload attachment box at the bottom of your post box. Not sure why your screen is doing that...try firefox internet instead? That's what I use and it works very well.

Postby Euroclimber » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:15 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Thanks - I fixed that one!

Thank you Bill :) Wasn't trying to nick pick on every detail...just happened to notice it the other day when copying down elevations.

Postby Jason Halladay » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm

I was experiencing the same issue as BJ is experiencing on Mac OS X 10.5.8, Firefox 3.6.10. I didn't have to clear my cache or cookies but had to do a forced reload of the page by using command-shift-R. Once I reloaded the page (which should effectively be resolved by clearing the cache as well), the page pop-ups work just dandy again.

On Windows I'm pretty sure you can just hold the shift key while clicking the "reload" button in the browser or use ctrl-shift-R or ctrl-F5 or ctrl-shift-F5 in most browsers to force reload.

Previous