Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Login/Display Settings problem

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Login/Display Settings problem

Postby DaveLanders » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Bill,

When I clicked on "Display Settings" on the Home Page without logging in, it took me to a login menu (this is new, because
I've never seen this before??). I tried to login, but I kept getting an error saying that my password was invalid. I tried this
in both Firefox and IE and got the same result. However, I was able to login using the login button near the top right hand
corner of the Home Page, and then I was able to successfully go to "Display Settings".

Thanks,
Dave Landers

Site Administrator

Re: Login/Display Settings problem

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah, I've changed the Display Settings to be stored in a database which requires the user to be logged into 14ers.com. The changes will allow us to not lose our display settings when clearing cookie cache in the browser. Well, you'll still lose them until you log in again and then the cookie will automatically be re-created. It's an important change that will help us as I continue to increase the number of Display Settings options.

I'm working on the changes now and should have it wrapped up tonight.
Thanks!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Should be working now. Let me know if you're still having a problem with that login.

Thanks
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby DaveLanders » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Bill,

I still can't login from the page that comes up when I click on "Display Settings" without having logged in first. I still get
an "Invalid password for user DaveLanders" error. If I login using the Home Page login, then my Display Settings are
remembered correctly; I like the new feature.

Thanks,
Dave Landers