Flatirons

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dajocko
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Flatirons

Post by dajocko »

I am coming in to Boulder to climb Flatirons with another out of town climber. I was wondering if someone from the area could suggest a good meeting place that is close to the climb since I am not familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Re: Flatirons

Post by Brian C »

Depends on what you're climbing. Assuming you're going for the classics like the First or Third...

The Whole Foods parking lot at the SE corner of Broadway and Baseline. Easy to get to and easy to find parking. If my partner is in another car, I always meet here first then drive up in one car since parking at Chautauqua can be a nightmare.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
England
Trip Reports (0)

Post by England »

Neptunes-take some time to go inside, plenty of climbing history in there.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

I have survived 3 avalanches...all my fault. yes i'm a dumb-ass!
rickinco123
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by rickinco123 »

England wrote:Neptunes-take some time to go inside, plenty of climbing history in there.
Is that really the parking lot for Neptunes or is it parking for the Southern Sun?
Classic meeting spot.
dajocko
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dajocko »

Thanks... How far is Flatirons from Neptune's? I have never been to Flatirons. I believe we are climbing the Third.
mtnfiend
14ers: 34  14  2 
13ers: 181 58 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mtnfiend »

It's a 5 minute drive....but a 20 to 30 minute hike.
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

http://exploringtherockies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.berthoudpass.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@snow_nerd
jwproulx
14ers: 56  10  1 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jwproulx »

Yes, Neptune, and when you're done with your climb, go next door to the Southern Sun for a celebratory pitcher of beer! :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer:
England
Trip Reports (0)

Post by England »

jwproulx wrote:Yes, Neptune, and when you're done with your climb, go next door to the Southern Sun for a celebratory pitcher of beer! :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer:
Note that Southern Sun doesn't open until 4p.m. Monday thru Thurs., but you should still be climbing around this time or I would hope so. The weather is perfect right now for all things outside.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

I have survived 3 avalanches...all my fault. yes i'm a dumb-ass!