Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Editing Trip Reports

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Editing Trip Reports

Postby KeithK » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 am

Hey Bill,
One thing I've noticed is that the text editor in the TR App does that annoying "jumping" behavior, constantly returning to the beginning of the text, making editing less than efficient. The cursor stays where you place it, but you cannot see the text you are trying to edit. I'm not sure if this is something you have any real control over or not, as it seems to be a PHP sort of behavior; I've noticed it on Facebook as well. Let me know if this doesn't make sense...

Thanks!
Snow is dumb.™

Re: Editing Trip Reports

Postby centrifuge » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:18 am

I have had the same exp recently when entering my last couple TR's but it only seems to be an issue when I am using IE. It does not happen in Safari
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order

Postby USAKeller » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:08 am

Keith and centrifuge - are you both using IE8? It seems to be an issue with that version and you need to view 14ers.com in "Compatibility Mode." The icon is next to the refresh button at the top of the browser page. I don't have IE8 at work, otherwise I'd take a screen shot of it. But clicking on that should do the trick!
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby KeithK » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks Caroline, I forgot about Compatibility Mode... For this advice, I will happily pay you to climb Snowmass and Capitol with me now. You know you want to!!!
Snow is dumb.™

Postby USAKeller » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 am

KeithK wrote:Thanks Caroline, I forgot about Compatibility Mode... For this advice, I will happily pay you to climb Snowmass and Capitol with me now. You know you want to!!!

Hahaha! Of course! The plans are in the works.

If that simple advice is all it takes to pay me to climb, what other site problem questions may I answer for you?! :D
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby Monster5 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

Ah, thanks. I thought I had a virus or something.
"Mountains are the means, the man is the end. The goal is not to reach the tops of mountains, but to improve the man." - Walter Bonatti