Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Cell Reception Pages - ADDED

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: Cell Reception Pages - ADDED

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Remember, the 14er and 13er entries are for SUMMITS only. On many (probably most) 14ers, you won't get a signal while climbing the peak.

The "Other" category provides reception info on popular 14er camp spots.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby MIT » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 pm

This is awesome! I have been pondering leaving a timelapse camera system up on a 14er (for a few days or a full year), but would like to have it send me a low res image a few times a day via cellular. That way if it gets ganked, I'll still have some pics. This really helps in picking a peak!
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 pm

justinw501 wrote:Maybe add another selection criteria drop down box that sorts by wireless Provider.

Done.
Now we can select a provider AND location in the search criteria.

Cell Reception Info

Postby longshanks » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:27 am

Cool feature. Looks like nobody has entered any Cricket reception yet...probably because it's NONEXISTENT if you're not standing right next to a cell phone tower. I have only marginal coverage in the middle of Fort Collins. Pretty sure I've never had coverage on a 13er or 14er summit.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am

I don't even have Cricket as a service provider option. Should I bother?

Postby longshanks » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 am

No.

Postby jmkaes » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 am

Bill - if you can add US Cellular as a provider, my wife and I will provide data when we are out there for 10 days in October.

Jim
"Now, nearly all those I loved and did not understand in my youth are dead, even Jessie. But I still reach out to them... When I am alone in the half-light of the canyon, all existence seems to fade away to a being with my soul and memories of the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River, and a four-count rhythm, and the hopes that a fish will rise. Eventually all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the earth’s great flood and runs over the rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words. And some of the words are theirs. 'I am haunted by waters.'"

"Five card stud, nothing's wild, and the sky's the limit!"

Postby zclobes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:29 pm

I ran into a problem editing a previous Cell Reception. I was on the page showing my entries, and I clicked the Edit icon, and got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function adminusercheck() in /home/a14ers/www/14ers.com/php14ers/cellreportedit.php on line 31

Previous