Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Personal Message Question

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Personal Message Question

Postby SpringsHiker » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:27 am

Bill,

I seem to be having a problem with some PMs not getting through to recipients. When a message is sent it initially sits in the outbox until delivered and then moves to the sent folder, right? I have sent 3 PMs since yesterday and they all still show in my outbox and I have no confirmation that my recipient received any of them. I wonder if any others have had any recent problems. Last week I had a couple that never got through and a couple that did, and no real pattern that I could detect for either outcome.

Scott
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Re: Personal Message Question

Postby CorduroyCalves » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 pm

SpringsHiker wrote:Bill,

I seem to be having a problem with some PMs not getting through to recipients. When a message is sent it initially sits in the outbox until delivered and then moves to the sent folder, right? I have sent 3 PMs since yesterday and they all still show in my outbox and I have no confirmation that my recipient received any of them. I wonder if any others have had any recent problems. Last week I had a couple that never got through and a couple that did, and no real pattern that I could detect for either outcome.

Scott

Scott, if I'm not mistaken, they don't leave your outbox until they're opened/received.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Yup, that's the way it works. So the ones you didn't think were getting through were simply not yet opened by the recipient.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby SpringsHiker » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Good, that is encouraging. However, I did have two last week that the recipients said they did not receive. I will assume that is an aberration unless it occurs again. I think we're good, thanks!
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:35 pm

If you PM (or email) me the dates and recipients of those PMs, I'm sure I could track them down for you and determine the trail of what happened based on the database records and logs.

I just looked through the DB records and found that all of your PM records look fine and all status are set as they should be based on status of the read/unread message. Based on everything you've sent, I don't see any that were lost. Let me know if you have any more questions about how the PM process works.

Bill