Dogs on 14ers...

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Carl
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Dogs on 14ers...

Post by Carl »

Hundreds of posts re dogs on 14ers can be found with the search function.

Edit: Actually, it's thousands of posts.
Last edited by Carl on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
hatidua
14ers: 18 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hatidua »

I love dogs, have two of my own, but having seen three different dogs with bloody cut-up feet in the past week has me really thinking about the wisdom of people getting fido to climb over sharp rocks :(
CR0SS
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CR0SS »

I have had my dog up Castle Peak with no problems. She also spends a ton of time outside walking around the property covered in basalt rock and gravel roads. So her feet are very tough vs a dog that does not get out as much.
Sierra Club, helping to confine humans within city limits one acre at a time.
TheSteege
14ers: 53 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TheSteege »

Also know that quite a few of dogs have summit ed all 54... Just depends on the dog.

Pyramid and Snowmass (west side) were some of the tougher ones for my Golden (38 peaks for him). I can't see taking him up Little Bear via the hour glass though.
SnowDog
14ers: 58 
13ers: 200
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SnowDog »

My girl as done 34 official 14ers and really enjoys it. Its a matter of what you and your dog feel comfortable with, and the safety of you, your dog and other hikers/climbers. My girl is 10 years old, and just did Blanca and Ellingwood, last year we did the Crestone Group. Again, its what you feel safe and comfortable with.