Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Emergency - Kevin8020

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Re: Emergency - Kevin8020

Postby globreal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Kevin's positive demeanor and his faith in God and Jesus was demonstrated in a profound way at this "Celebration of Life" Service. I am grateful to have been able to attend and to have known Kevin.

Onward....and Upwards!

Lynn, Beth, and Alyssa and the rest of the family...I can assure you, you will continue to be in my prayers for days to come.
Britt
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby greenwok » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:09 pm

I echo what Britt says - the service celebrating Kevin's life was everything Kevin would have wanted:

> Pointed to The Cross
> Surrounded by family and friends
> Lots on hiking and climbing the CO Rockies
> Lutheran High School Parker
> Mile High Calvary Chapel
> Praise and Worship Music
> Challenge from the Pastors and Kevin's parents to make our lives count the way Kevin set by his example

Lynn, Beth, Alyssa, Doris, Leroy, Kaye - as Britt says you will remain in our prayers, we will continue to be here with and for you. Thanks for sharing Kevin with us. We love you!

Travis - I can see why you and Kevin spent so much time together hiking and climbing - above all keep the legacy of Kevin's example of following ever so closely after the heart of his, your, our God. You have my commitment of praying with you to that end. We'll also look forward to many hikes with you in Kevin's honor. We love you!

We love you Kevin, and look forward to that day when we will see you face-to-face once again. My life has been deeply impacted never to be the same.

Onwards!

KG

Kevin Hayne Mt Antero 052210.jpg
Kevin Hayne Mt Antero 052210.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

laplata Cross_10-27-08_0031_new.jpg
laplata Cross_10-27-08_0031_new.jpg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 3533 times
Last edited by greenwok on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Postby travis19877 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Everyone, I've already received 320$ in cash just in person! When the paypal account goes up hopefully sometime today, im expecting that number to skyrocket!

To Echo Britt's statement:
Onwards and Upwards!
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I was away when this happened and couldn't believe it when I heard the awful news. I met Kevin several times on the peaks and thought he was a great guy.

I'm sure he will be missed by many, many people.

so sad
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby globreal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 pm

greenwok wrote:
We love you!

Travis - I can see why you and Kevin spent so much time together hiking and climbing - above all keep the legacy of Kevin's example of following ever so closely after the heart of his, your, our God. We love you!

We love you Kevin, and look forward to that day when we will see you face-to-face once again.

Onwards!

For those of you who were not at the "celebration service," one of the speakers challenged all of us, to tell those we care about that we love them. How often do we just rush though life and not say "I love you." It was a good reminder of what's important....because life can be short and we don't know when it will end.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby KirkT » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Wow, I like Bill was in Texas last week on vacation while this occurred. My condolences go out to his family and hiking partner. From what I read, you made the right decision. I had the pleasure of leading him down the Needle last fall with KeithK. He was a very youthful person who never had a quiet moment. He was quite the chatty one. We had some great discussions that day on our descent. You will be missed.

KirkT

This was one of the pictures I took that day while descending the Needle. Kevin is the second hiker in this picture looking upwards. Rest in Peace bro.

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:35 pm

travis19877 wrote:Everyone, I've already received 320$ in cash just in person! When the paypal account goes up hopefully sometime today, im expecting that number to skyrocket!

Onwards and Upwards!

Kevin, contact me if you want to deposit that cash in the WF bank we set up, otherwise see my link below - the PayPal is working! We already have over $300 in donations right now - just through PayPal.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby travis19877 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:
travis19877 wrote:Everyone, I've already received 320$ in cash just in person! When the paypal account goes up hopefully sometime today, im expecting that number to skyrocket!

Onwards and Upwards!

Kevin, contact me if you want to deposit that cash in the WF bank we set up, otherwise see my link below - the PayPal is working! We already have over $300 in donations right now - just through PayPal.

Whats the paypal link/email? I'm sure once i post that on facebook this should explode.. I have 280$ in cash to donate when i get the chance to stop at a bank.
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God

Postby TylerStorm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 pm

I don't know what to say! I've been out of Colorado for a while and just found this out today! I climbed with him several times. This is terrible! He was such a great guy! R.I.P.
Wisdom is the quality of being able to avoid situations where you need it. not sure

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm

travis19877 wrote:
wildlobo71 wrote:

Onwards and Upwards!

Whats the paypal link/email? I'm sure once i post that on facebook this should explode.. I have 280$ in cash to donate when i get the chance to stop at a bank.

I'll email it to you, it's rather long... but the actual link is on the bottom of my signature line.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby kenike » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:11 am

I don't know why, but I've been thinking of Kevin and his family quite a lot today. Maybe it's because I'll be in the Sangre's this weekend....

I was another who was regrettably unable to attend the memorial service. I never met Kevin, but I wanted to be there to support his family. He showed a great faith and was obviously a witness for us all. I can't imagine what it's like for his family if someone who never had the opportunity to meet him is struggling tonight....despite knowing he is with our Lord & Savior.

Travis, email incoming....

Postby tmathews » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 pm

I just heard on the news that the Army's Chinook helicopter has been recovered. Kudos to them and for the emergency support that they frequently provide.

EDIT: Apparently, they're just starting the recovery effort http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=141754&catid=346

chinook_littlebear01a.jpg
Damaged Chinook helicopter seen from Little Bear's Southwest Ridge on 6/20/10
chinook_littlebear01a.jpg (281.27 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

PreviousNext