Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New Home Page Menus

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

New Home Page Menus

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 am

To speed up the 14ers.com Home Page, I changed the pull-down menus at the top. Geek explanation: I changed them from JavaScript to CSS (v3) menus.

Some older browsers may not display the menus correctly. If you're having problems with the new menus, feel free to post here with details.

You can continue to use the previous (JavaScript-based) menus by clicking "Display Settings" on the home page and setting the first option to "Yes"
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: New Home Page Menus

Postby Kevin8020 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 am

Yes! I can finally do "open link in New Tab" - thanks Bill!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. --Proverbs 3:5-6

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:36 am

You can also drag-n-drop menu items to the Favorites bar!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby kaiman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Nice work Bill! Glad to see your making the switch away from Javascript to CSS3 for menus. Folks with IE7 and below may not agree, but they look great in Firefox and Safari.
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper